Yoon Sang, "I regret composing the song 'Story Only I Didn't Know' for IU" [2011.05.27]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 27, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer/songwriter Yoon Sang revealed that he regrets composing the song 'Story Only I Didn't Know' for IU.

On a recent episode of KBS Prime 'Lee Geum Hee's Special Meeting', Yoon Sang made a guest appearance and expressed, "When I first saw IU on TV, her gaze was downcast" and "Therefore, I composed the ballad 'Story Only I Didn't Know' for her to match that sad expression of hers."

"But now thinking back about it, I feel slightly sorry for writing such a sad song for IU who has yet to even complete high school. However, this time when we had the chance to work together again for the EXPO 2012 Yeosu Korea theme song, fortunately I had the chance to give her a much brighter image by composing the song 'Stories of the Sea' for her," said Yoon Sang, revealing his affections for his junior, IU.

Meanwhile, shown on this broadcast on May 27th is also the music life story of Yoon Sang for whom it has been 20 years since he debuted as a singer as well as what Sung Si Kyung, Yoon Jung Shin and other stars have to say about Yoon Sang's image.

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: Newsen via Nate
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20110527n08713
  2. triciastar92

triciastar92 Hearters

Story Only I didnt know is a Good song!
    but i think composer Yoon Sang is Right. I think IU will be more Compatible in a Brithger Songs!
    I will look forward to it! ^^ ​
  3. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

I love the song!
    But it is true that IU matches better with brighter and happier songs! :D
  4. jolovesiu

jolovesiu Hearters

haha..it was weird the first time i heard this song cos it's so sad...
    totally not IU kind of feel..
    but it's an awesome song that showcases IU's ability!
    so he shouldn't regret! :)
  5. tacticalerror

tacticalerror Hearters

Huh ..
    He regret composing " Story Only I Didn't know "?
    But, the song is good too ..
    btw , IU need Happy song too, as always ^^
    Thanks for sharing
  6. elavip

elavip Hearters

haha, but a genre change is good! IU sang it well. and it's a fantastic composition.
  7. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

awwww..but i love "The Story Only I Didn't Know".. it's a very nice ballad and we'll get to see a different IU..far from her cute and bright image..and i believe that the song was perfect for IU's voice..it showed IU's versatility as a singer :D
  8. khema wijaya

khema wijaya Hearters

yeaa, agree with you guys IU needs happier song..but she sang that song very well !!! everything that she has done is totally amazing, she sings every songs with her angelic voice.. so what Yoon Sang sunbaenim said isn't true at all..personally i think, that video/song shows that she is talented and she can do something different from what she has done..The Story Only I Didn't Know is amazing :rolleyes:
  9. swangreek

swangreek Hearters

I also like "Story Only I Didn't Know" but I understand why he says he regrets it..
    Nevertheless even if she is young she did a good job at that song,
    but for her, happy songs are still the best for now ;) - cause she looks soo cuute!! :grin:

(When I read that he regreted it from the home page I thought he meant it in a bad way xD
    and I was like "Get outta here! we dont need your songs!!" xD)
  10. sy737ty

sy737ty Hearters

the amazing part is that she could pull it off although she is still this young!
  11. calpin3

calpin3 Hearters

i think 'the story only i didn't know' is a good song but it's a little bid sad.

BUT she did a good job :grin:
  12. marshmallow3424

marshmallow3424 Hearters

regret? :eek: i agree that IU is perfect to sing happier and brighter song but the story only i didn't know is also a good song and i like it. IU did it great, as always ^^
  13. fIUshbones

fIUshbones Hearters

The song is great and IU sung it well. I think he regrets it because IU was a more depressed during the time she was promoting that song in order to stay in character/express the song.
  14. Lucian1KR

Lucian1KR Uploaders Staff Member

I don't regret that at all, the song is too awesome! Who else has such versatility to sing both cutesy songs and ballads with such prowess? If IU were to sing the same kind of songs for a long time, I would probably get bored, so a change is always welcome (for me at least).
  15. vunguyenphan

vunguyenphan Hearters

The first song of IU I heard is The Story I Didn't Know and it's also my first favorite among her songs. Maybe it's not suit her for she's so young, but I think it's gave a chance to sing such song like this. And she did it great. It's true that she felt depressed during promoting it so I guess Yoon Sang regrets for this. Anyway, if she can sing different kinds of song, let's give her a chance :)
  16. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

oh he shouldn't regret it! that song showed her singing talents amazingly well! it gave her a different image as well, and she had to learn to put emotions into the words she sang^^ thats always an amazing lesson for a singer~

i love this song!~~ i would've missed out on so much talent if he didnt write it XD
    thanks for the news!!^^
  17. just iu

just iu Hearters

The song was written excellently by composer Yoon Sang and was sang beautifully by IU, maybe it's the timing. IU is still very young to be singing this type of song although she pulled it off very well, it's better for her to be singing happy songs that suits her age. But in the future that song would have been perfect!
  18. zin814

zin814 Hearters

At first I thought he said he regret composing this song for IU bcz she's not good singing it. Feeling relief now:D
  19. ShinbiJoyce

ShinbiJoyce Hearters

The Song is nice :)
    But really , a fast and bright song is suitable for our young IU ><
    Just like the one that goes ....

MARSHMALLOW , MARSHMALLOW !
  20. dby

dby Hearters

the song is great..
    IU proved that she can sing every song very well..
    :D