'Uncle fan' Yoo Hee Yeol, "I received text messages from IU but ignored them" [2011.05.31]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 31, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Upon reaching the 100th episode of "Sketchbook", Yoo Hee Yeol reminisced about the guests who have been on his show so far.

On May 31st, a press conference and interview was held at a cafe in Seoul, in commemoration of KBS 2TV "Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook"'s 100th episode. On this day, PD Lee Sae Hee and the main MC, Yoo Hee Yeol himself, shared their thoughts and future plans for the show.

In reply to the question, "Which guests left you with the deepest impression?", Yoo Hee Yeol hesitated for a moment before replying with 'Lucid Fall'.

He also mentioned UV, IU, Lee Su Geun and Jung Hoon Hee as people he enjoyed meeting on the show. He then sighed and said, "Actually there were a lot of things the production crew hid from me. I go on stage not knowing what we prepare to reveal about the guests."

In particular, Yoo Hee Yeol is famous for his 'IU ache' (Note: 'ache' here refers to a heartache for someone), thus he drew attention for mentioning IU. Besides, IU was also specially requested to perform for the show's 100th episode special. Yoo Hee Yeol said, "IU sent me a text message. However, I haven't replied yet." In other words, he is ignoring IU's texts. Yoo Hee Yeol's unexpected comment drew laughter from those present.

Meanwhile, Yoo Hee Yeol's highly-anticipated 100th episode will fall on June 3rd. In commemoration of the event, a 4-part special has been prepared, after "THE PRODUCER", "THE LABEL" and "THE DRAMA", the final part will follow the theme, "THE MUSICIAN".

(*Additional info: IU attended the recording for the show today and sang Lee Sora's "Inconsiderable Talk" (시시콜콜한 이야기) with guitar accompaniment by Ham Choon Ho. IU's performance will be part of "THE MUSICIAN", which is scheduled for broadcast on June 3rd at 12:05 midnight KST. Also, that was the only song she performed, after which they had a chat, according to this show schedule.)

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Sources: Newsen, Daum, junihendrix @ twitter

More photos from recording
  2. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

I love sketchbook..and yoo hee yeol is a great host..now, i think of IU's song for him, the one she sang for jason in dream high but modified the lyrics especially for yoo hee yeol..hehehe..anyway, i'm excited for IU's appearance on the show..i'm sure she will do great as always :D
  3. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

omg yoo hee yeol's 100th episode!?!? WOWOOWOOWOOWOWOW can't wait to see! and WTF ignoring her texts??? BWAHHAHAHHAHHAHA
    thank you for trsnsalting~~
  4. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

I can't he believe he just ignored my IU text message. ASDFGHJKL.

Can't wait for the show to be broadcast :grin:
  5. burntbiscuit

burntbiscuit Donators

hooray for the 100th episode of Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook! and how can he ignore the text msg! @#$!@! you will never get rid of your "eagle eyes" by doing ignoring IU's text message! ^^

`anyway, thank you very much for translating, minggy! :)
  6. Cesca_1988

Cesca_1988 Hearters

I will look forward to this, wow I'm excited for June 03 to come. I will definitely looking for videos with eng subs. Fighting!!!!!
  7. wongeen

wongeen Hearters

omg i hate it when people ignore texts -__-
    how can anyone ignore IU!? its a privilege to get a text from her LOL
    can't wait the the 100th episode ;p
  8. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Woots, looking forward to this episode! :D
    *stares* for ignoring IU's message!
    Thanks for translating squishy! :D
  9. ThirteenFour

ThirteenFour Hearters

won't be joinin the hatin on Yoo Hee Yeol for ignoring the message.

i have no particular reason; i just choose not to care.
    i mean, he has no obligation to do anything.. so i'm not expecting him to reply to every message he receives, idol star or not.

perhaps, no one shares this view, but hey, every one is entitled to an opinion.
  10. stliangx

stliangx Hearters

haha, i think he's just having hard time thinking of how to reply
  11. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

ignoring the txt = not a happy teenager XD LOL
    yay she performed! :) but i wish i could've listened to her guitar playing again T__T aww well, thanks for sharing the news!^^
  12. StarNecklace

StarNecklace Hearters

Wow if I was him I would have replied in the limit of 10 seconds >.<
  13. marshmellow837

marshmellow837 Hearters

I think he said he hasn't replied "yet". I think he just blurted out whatever he thought of first. Maybe he was nervous with IU there ;P
  14. x501

x501 Hearters

yoo hee yeol is awesome. i really love him and his show! it was so funny when he couldn't take his eyes off of iu when she first appeared on his show and performed her acoustic covers.
  15. narese13

narese13 Hearters

I love IU's performances on sketchbook..the song she sang for Yoo Hee Yeol was daebak XD
    I had goosebumps when I watched her singing "the story only I didn't know"
  16. Randyanto

Randyanto Hearters

i'm agree :rolleyes:
  17. darkcloud

darkcloud Hearters

IU has been on sketchbook so many times and she always do it well

i love this show (with IU) lol
  18. ws123

ws123 Hearters

i never absent see IU performance in Sketchbook... i LOVE this show when IU at there.. haha..
  19. pinksabers

pinksabers Hearters

omg hdu ignore IU's texts?! i don't even have her number T_________T
  20. tutee

tutee Hearters

how could u ignore IU's txt T_T T_T