U愛나 collaboration project - Anti-Piracy Campaign

Discussion in 'Completed Projects' started by Matt, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Prize winners:

ImarcusUlee
    Kyzuki
    Hiiyuki

---

[​IMG]

WeheartIU and U愛나 collaboration project

"Stop Copyright Infringement of IU's Materials"

"Good Day" was ranked as the #1 most pirated release sold by bootleggers and illegal street vendors in Korea, and other IU songs rank highly too. As international fans, we can all agree that it's wrong to steal IU's music, right?

IU's official Korean fancafe U-ana are planning a "stop copyright infringement of IU's materials" campaign, and they have asked WeheartIU to take part! IU regularly visits U-ana and sometimes even posts messages so this is a great opportunity for international fans to show our support of IU and her music.

This is the plan:

1) WeheartIU members from as many different countries as possible volunteer to take part in this project.
    2) Each member stands in front of a noticeable landmark that is representative of their country or area, holds up a sign and takes a photo. If you own any IU CDs (and we hope lots of you do!) include one of them in the photo too.
    3) The signs spell out one line of a story. When we collect the pictures together the full story appears. It's like a "story relay".

The text of the story has already been written by U-ana and translated by us. Think of it like a Public Service Announcement, promoting an anti-piracy message.

We're looking to get representation from as many different countries as possible. Our staff will be taking part too.

If you'd like to help, please copy/paste and complete the below form and post in this thread.

Username:
    Landmark:

We will contact everyone who signs up with more details of exactly what they need to do, but we've answered the most common questions below. If you have any other questions you want to ask before signing up, please post them in this thread and we'll add the answers to this first post.

Q&A

• Do I have to show my face in the photo?
      No. You can cover your face with the sign, or you don't even have to be in it all if you don't want to, as long as the sign is readable and the landmark visible.
    • What do I put on the sign?
      We will let people know what to write after they sign up. This is so we don't get lots of people doing the same lines of the story.
    • Do I need to have an IU CD to take part?
      No, this is completely optional, but if you do have one please include it in the photo! We are promoting an anti-piracy message, so what better way than to show international fans with legally-bought CDs?
    • Can we take photos in pairs/groups?
      Of course! Since it's quite difficult to hold a sign and take a photo at once, getting someone to help would probably make things easier.
    • Do I have to pay to print a big banner?
      No! By "sign" we just mean anything that can be written on and is readable in the photo. Handwritten signs are completely fine.
    • What do you mean by "landmark"?
      Anything that identifies your area. For example, some location ideas that our staff are considering (because they live nearby) are Disneyland, a state university, the Vancouver Olympics site, the Esplanade concert hall (Singapore). It doesn't have to be instantly recognisable to foreigners, just something that represents where you live.
    • Can I use the same landmark as somone else?
      You're welcome to join together as a group to take a joint photo at the same place. However if someone else has already selected a landmark and you can't join them in the same photo, please choose a different location. We're trying to cover as many unique landmarks as possible.
    Prizes

To give you a bit of motivation, we will be picking 3 contributions who will each win an IU CD of their choice (any of her albums, mini-albums, OSTs or featured tracks is eligible as long as it's still being sold in Korea, you get to pick the one you want).

Deadline

The deadline for signups is 15 May and the final deadline for submission of images is 22 May 17 May, but the sooner you can signup and take the photos the easier it is for us to organise things and fill in any gaps in the story.
    This project has now ended, thanks everyone for taking part.
  2. cecelialorene

cecelialorene Hearters

Username:cecelialorene
    Landmark:California State University Stanislaus

Yay~ lets stop pirating! ^^
  3. iu_lovers

iu_lovers Hearters

Username: ain0210
    Landmark:University Of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur

I like this.....[​IMG]
  4. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

Username: squishyblob (together with Block-ster and superman26)
    Landmark: Merlion/Esplanade concert hall

:)
  5. shyangLoveIU

shyangLoveIU Hearters

Username:sour:hyangLoveIU
    Landmark:penang Bridge, Penang

Lets do it :lol:
  6. abipluse

abipluse Hearters

Username: marshIUmallow
    Landmark: Sydney Opera House

STOP THE PIRACY!!
  7. ThirteenFour

ThirteenFour Hearters

Username: ThirteenFour
    Landmark: Church of the Gesu (Ateneo de Manila University) or San Sebastian Cathedral (Lipa City), whichever i am more able to travel to

As a person who loves to listen to music, it is, I admit, a great temptation to get music illegally. However, soon after I learned of its ill effects to the music industry (this is also the case in our country), I have committed myself to purchasing all future albums legally.

I currently own more than 20 albums of various artists, K-pop, OPM and otherwise, and I have no reason, nor motivation, to stop purchasing more, for it is my only way of supporting these hardworking artists.

Needless to say.. I fully support this campaign for all that is needed is but a small contribution that might just go a long way to stopping piracy. :)

(sorry about the long comment though.. i just thought i could speak my mind somehow about this)

-nikolai413
  8. TcF.IU

TcF.IU Hearters

Username: TcF.IU
    Landmark: Merlion/esplanade

Good music should definitely be owned legally ;)
  9. summertee

summertee Hearters

Username: summertee
    Landmark: KLCC twin tower

We should start having this kind of campaign for all the artists.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    support you all.
  10. clarissapatricia

clarissapatricia Hearters

username: clarissapatricia
    landmark: trinity college foundation studies

IU! HWAITING!
    keep protecting ur own rights!
    AZAAAA!
  11. wongeen

wongeen Hearters

Username: wongeen
    Landmark: Statue of Liberty?

im not sure if i can get up there cause
    1. its kind of a hassle to get there cause im a student
    2. ive been very busy cause may is like the most hectic time of the year for us

but ill still try my best cause IU wants to visit the Statue of Liberty ^__^
  12. fionac813

fionac813 Hearters

Username: fionac813
    Landmark: Taipei 101

It's so cool , let's rock it !!!!
    IU !!!
  13. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

Username: janeberryblue
    Landmark: Churchill Downs (in kentucky)~
  14. bayuputra

bayuputra Hearters

Username: Bayu Purnama
    Landmark: Jakarta
  15. Dreamer

Dreamer Donators

Username: Dreamer
    Landmark: War Memorial from Pontvallain
  16. shasnica

shasnica Hearters

Username: Shasnica
    Landmark: National Monument (Monas)

is there any Hearter Indonesia want to join me, we can make a group photo @ monas. if you interested just PM okay? Let's stop Pirating!
  17. Kyzuki

Kyzuki Donators

Username: Kyzuki
    Landmark: Any in London, haven't decided yet!
  18. smashz

smashz Donators

Username: Smash
    Landmark: Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, London Eye, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Sanyo Light board (Piccadilly), Trafalgar Square??
    Got a lot of places to pick from ..
  19. imarcusulee

imarcusulee Hearters

Ursername: ImarcusUlee
    Landmark: victoria harbour, buildings, havent really decided yet :/
  20. sweetIU

sweetIU Hearters

Username: i'm in my dream!
    Landmark: National Monument. (Monas)

cool! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.