| QUESTION | IU fanclub name???

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by melonpop3, Sep 13, 2010.

1. melonpop3

melonpop3 Moderator Staff Member

Hi!
    so i was just wondering...
    does IU have a fanclub name?
    such as: ft island- primadonna, cn blue- boice, shinee- shawol, etc.

Hearters are just members of this forum right?

Just wondering^^
  2. ParkJiWoo

ParkJiWoo Hearters

Im not sure. But we can always make a thread and discuss for a fanclub name. :)
  3. Chelliera

Chelliera Hearters

I've been wondering about that since forever too T__T I wonder whether her fans really do have a fanclub name, or we're just called 'IU fans' ... ): Didn't the korean fans make up a fanclub name for themselves or something? ):
  4. young.gunn.er

young.gunn.er Hearters

so, where is actually the name like primadonna, blackjack, casiopea, etc came from? is it from the fans or from the artist themselves?
  5. melonpop3

oh oh i know! :D
    they make the fanclub names to represent group
    ft island- primadonna --stands for female heroine and it was one of their songs in jap album
    2ne1-blackjack-- blackjack 21 like 2ne1=21
    etc..

IU should have a fan club name! D:<
    gaaaah, can we suggest one...and send it to loen ent?
    if thats possible
    and a super cool one too~~~
  6. OpheliaTsu

OpheliaTsu New Member

I agree, I'll get started on names right away. Okay uh... this is actually harder than I thought. :D
  7. aqsgirl

aqsgirl Hearters

Maybe we could play on the marshmallow theme? I personally love the marshmallow logo, and we could call ourselves IU's 'mallows.
  8. mymindpower

mymindpower New Member

am sorry it would be better if everyone suggests a name and then we can select the best out of it and popularize it.
  9. darklustre

darklustre Hearters

HEY how about Icon Ultima... as in the Ultimate Icon??
  10. alvintiandi

alvintiandi Hearters

Well most newcomers won't have a fanclub name until a period of time (around 1year plus, or even more!)...
    This is the same as T-ara, they also don't have a fanclub name...
    Well what we have to do is to wait for the korean fans to apply for an official name to the company...
  11. boymin

boymin Hearters

Marshmellow? :eek:
  12. cecelialorene

cecelialorene Hearters

What about MIAs, as in her debut song? i think it seems like a fan club name to me XD
    and dbsk's cassies are cassies because on a qwerty keyboard TVfXQ is the same as the Cassiopeia constellation XD
  13. candiegrl

candiegrl Hearters

Ahh yes... I've wondered about this question also~ Does she or does she not have
    a fanclub name?.. I think we should be called 'Marshmallows' xD just kidding..
  14. chireotamahome

chireotamahome Hearters

i was wondering for it too. i was looking for her official website, but i found only WHIU. i wonder if they don't love IU as much as WHIU members do..
  15. Nathan

Nathan Hearters

Coming up with a name for IU's fandom seems to be a rather taxing process.

The only thing I've come up with was "Zealots." This probably isn't a good one though because of how specific it is.

Allow me to explain. Recently IU has become the player name announcer for the GSL, a major StarCraft 2 tournament. During commercial breaks GOM plays commercials for the series, one of which features IU's voice and text that reads "My life for IU." This is a play on a line that the Zealots (basic Protoss units) say. The original line is "My life for Aiur" (Aiur is the Protoss homeworld).

It's a bit of a stretch but it's all I could come up with at the time. I can't seem to find the clip on youtube unfortunately. I will try to record and upload it if you guys would like to see it.

It could also work because the word "zealot" can mean a person who is filled with zeal, which is defined as "the fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest."

Which describes a fandom well.
  16. melonpop3

Ohhh i have no idea ><

until the company suggest the idea...
    i think they could come up with stuff
    and fans could vote

like jay park and jaywalkers. .___.

yeah, but i wish we could have a fanbase! with a cool name :DDD
  17. elavip

elavip Hearters

iu's official daum cafe is called U愛나, which means U Love I. or in hangul, it's 유애나 (pronounced U Ai Na). <!-- m -->http://cafe.daum.net/IU<!-- m -->

i'm not sure if that is just the cafe name, but i searched and some kfans have asked what the fan club name is too, and people are saying or suggesting it's 유애나/U Love I.

but i think her fan club is apparently 'too small' (there's currently 30,310 fans registered in daum cafe) to have an official fan club name.

here at WHI, we've been calling ourselves Hearters though xD
  18. utopia137

utopia137 Hearters

On an unrelated note Nathan can you send me a link to the "My Life for IU" zealot saying. I wonder if i could get the audio changed as i play protoss would be awesome to have them say that.
  19. ddo_ra_ee

ddo_ra_ee Hearters

How dare they say it's too small. That's, that's... wait a minute... 8.2x the size of my highschool! We fill a whole football stadium! That is a lot of people. Pikaboo, wouldn't be too bad no? She got a lot of positive response from being able to imitate pikachu, and she has a song with the word boo in it. Trying to come up with a name with meaning is hard. :|
  20. Nathan

Nathan Hearters

Soon as I find it I'll let you know. It seems that no one has yet to record it. I might do it myself soon if I am still unable to find the clip.