'Kiss and Cry', IU was criticized for not working hard enough after coming in last place previously

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jun 12, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer IU expressed her thoughts regarding the negative comments made by some netizens after her first performance.

On the episode of 'Kiss and Cry', which was broadcasted on June 12th, IU revealed that after her first performance, she received criticisms and negative comments such as, "she's not trying hard enough" and that she felt distressed since there were many people who viewed her unfavourably.

Also, she said, "Even though there were many remarks about me not trying hard, that wasn't true" and that "comments about how I probably can't make it would only increase, surely I had to leave everyone with a good impression after my next performance" and she was determined to do just that in future.

To prove that she was true to her word, IU showed fantastic teamwork with her partner, Choi In Hwa, by performing the spiral and other difficult stunts as well, and received positive feedback from the judges.

Kim Yuna commented, "Compared to when I was judging your performance a week ago, you have shown a great improvement. Thank you for the hard work." IU then said, "I feel so good", looking slightly like she was about to cry, for her feelings of happiness made up for all that she has been through thus far.

Meanwhile, IU and her partner received the high score of 32.6 for their performance on "Kiss and Cry" on this broadcast.

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: Hankyung via Nate
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20110612n13179

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLOvBXWeZW4
  2. IUx3

IUx3 Hearters

Congrats IU! You did a good job!! Hwaiting!! <3
  3. ramskid

ramskid Hearters

her performance was really cute!!
    the fans were really funny!!! kkk

i wish i could come there too..
  4. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

dont cry IU T___T geesh netizens are mean, she's not a figure skater herself, and i'd like to see them trying to do what she's doing
    she improved alot the second time around~ :D congrats!
    thanks for sharing the news^^
  5. monpti

monpti Hearters

She was great, I'm sooo impressed :D

By the way, she was really having fun while doing that show. It's obvious she trusts herself in that performance.
  6. margot

margot Hearters

I bet most of the people that were so harsh on her after her first performance are the ones that are now accepting other participants' argument of lack of time to practice because of a busy schedule (a valid excuse in my eyes). An argument that of course they did not want to accept in IU's case, neither the fact that she is not half as athletic as some of the other participants thus it's harder for her to do ice skating.
    Anyway, It is better having a weak start and progressively improve that the other way around. IU fighting!
  7. vunguyenphan

vunguyenphan Hearters

I love her more <3
  8. misotoko

misotoko Hearters

I loved her new performance <3
    That shows IU worked hard. netizens can't understand sometimes :'c
  9. jamzjelly

jamzjelly Hearters

I'm glad that IU could show those netizens that she was working hard. Her performance was cute ^^ They seemed just a little slow but I'm glad that IU's so happy about her score. HWAITING IU ! >;D
  10. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

she's improved SO much since the first episode though, I'm proud of her C': hopefully people will realize all the work that everyone on the show puts into this.

thanks for translating!
  11. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

IU's a hard worker and regardless of how it turned out, I'm sure she put in as much effort as she could. I'm so glad she moved out of the final place. Hopefully she'll keep rising and won't have to leave the show too early. Thanks for translating.
  12. YOUME

YOUME Hearters

I hope she can keep up the good work or even get better!
    IU fighting!
  13. phoung

phoung Donators

she must be sad hearing all those harsh comments but
    this week she showed them wrong
    she worked so hard even with her hectic schedule
    Iam so proud of her
    thanks for translating
  14. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

She improved alot since her last performance!
    So proud of her! She wanted to leave a good impressions and she sure did so!
    IU FIGHTING!
    Thanks for sharing squishy! :D
  15. httpchim

httpchim Hearters

Great peoples show their talant by acting, not speaking. Good job IU~
    honestly i think she has to leave that show and securing her time because she has too many schedules and dosent have much time to preparing her next album and training her music skills.
    but watching she gets better and better by improving herself motivates me.. i think i have to learn that mind..

p.s:i wish someone corrects my errors.. =p
  16. Caricactures

Caricactures Hearters

That's why I love her. She may not always gain success the first time round, but because she tries and puts in effort, she will succeed ther next time. Ji Eun unnie, you are truly inspiring. Even though you have a crazy schedule, you still put in effort to excel in whatever programme you're on. <3

Netizens can now back off cause they got nothing on this wonderful girl :)

I'm so proud of you unnie! :D
  17. ahjumma

ahjumma Hearters

skating is hard... i tried it yesterday yet it is really tired...
    iu is better...
    iu figthing...!!!
  18. stliangx

stliangx Hearters

Very very good progress, looking forward to future performances ^^
  19. Nurul Sakinah

Nurul Sakinah Hearters

Congrats IU-unnie, you already showed your best! <3

Nitizen's comment is really mean :| IU-unnie rarely play skating, so she won't have perfect perfomance for the first time. But, i'm proud of you unnie :D Unnie really improved a lot since the last perfomance, i hope that unnie keep stay at this phase :)

KEEP FIGHTING IU-UNNIE XD

Thanks for translating! :D
  20. noriko

noriko Hearters

from the last performance I know IU already tried her best ;___;
    why netizens commented it like that? its not like skating is easy to learn -__- (i dont even want to try skating at all haha)
    oh and I saw IU's perf, it was great to see her all happy like that, she tried her best already <33333
    I'm proud of her <333 she can do it again >__<
    IU FIGHTING~~~!! <3