Kiss and Cry, "IU is practising hard whenever she can find spare time between her schedules" [2011.0

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 4, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

'The nation's little sister' IU is hooked on figure skating practice.

A spokesperson from IU's agency met with reporters on the 4th and expressed, "IU can't set aside specific times to practice, but whenever she can find spare time between her schedules, she is really practising hard."

On May 3rd, IU, together with other celebrities, had their first profile shoot for the SBS Program, "Kim Yuna's Kiss and Cry". Currently undergoing intensive training in ice skating, they are now able to put on their skates and adopt natural poses and give mature impressions. In particular, on this day, IU put on her skates and adopted a relaxed pose while balancing on one foot.

The production crew also revealed, "Initially, IU absolutely could not iceskate, but now her skill has improved so much that she can even balance on one foot." They also added, "She herself is putting in a considerable amount of effort and making quick progress as a result."

It was previously revealed that Kim Yuna, being a fan of IU, also recommended her for the show. According to the PD of the program, Kim Yuna enjoys listening to and singing IU's songs. On an episode of the SBS program 'Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate' broadcasted last year, when Kim Yuna appeared on the show, she sang IU's "Riding on a Train" and considers herself to be an 'IU fan'.

During the shoot on May 3rd, Kim Yuna and IU met for the first time as mentor and mentee. On this day, one of the studios at the Ilsan SBS Production Centre was remodelled into a skating rink to record interviews with the members on the show. It is also rumoured that Kim Yuna showcased her vocal skills by singing IU's "Riding on a Train" again during their first meeting, which lightened the mood during filming. The production crew stated, "Although it was their first meeting, it felt like they had known each other for a long time. There was no awkwardness at all as and filming went smoothly" and "Kim Yuna was quite satisfied with what she saw of the skills everyone had mastered so far."

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Sources: Seoul NTN and DongAh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEHY3Prjz9k
  2. Caricactures

Caricactures Hearters

Wow, nice pic of IU in skates! :D
    Hope she does well and do the "Kiss and Cry"!
    Hwaiting unnie!

Thanks for the translation!
  3. calpin3

calpin3 Hearters

IU has a lot of work, she must be tired so much. and she don't have time to work. i'm so sad to her but Fighting IU !
  4. cuchuoi

cuchuoi Hearters

LOL IU looks like live 30 hours each day.
  5. HUONGTGS

HUONGTGS Hearters

lol! IU has a fan again..
    Kim Yu Na is "the nation little sister" too. lol!
    IU's so wonderful..always work hard.. work in spare time.. =.=
    hope IU'll perform with Kim Yu Na on next August..
    but also hope IU'll have rest more.
  6. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

I love the hardworking IU. :) It just makes her more beautiful~
    But dear IU, don't over work yourself! :D
    Can't wait for the show to starttttttt~

Thanks for the translation! (;
  7. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

OH MY KIM YUNA SINGING AIYU!?!?! OMG WHY HAVEI NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE
    OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME YUNAIYU INTERACTIONS!

wwwaaahhhhh
  8. zodiarc

zodiarc Hearters

wow IU on kiss and cry..
    with kim yuna?? waw that awesome.. :D
    aw so proud our IU practicing so hard :D
    IU fighting...
    we always supporting u <3
  9. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

Aww so glad to hear that IU enjoys this, it will for sure make it easier for her to take up figure skating. And her progress is good, cause balancing on one foot isn't easy (especially not if you're a beginner).

YunAiyu sounds funny lol, but yes a duet would be nice. Kim Yuna is a good singer (and she's duet with Taeyeon before so its very possible :))

Thanks squishy
  10. wongeen

wongeen Hearters

im glad that IU is having fun ^^
    shes probably been working really really hard because ice skating is not easy at all. i can barely hold my own on two feet and she already learned how to balance on one foot XD impressive ^___^ especially because shes a beginner ;p
    but i hope she remembers to get some rest! she seems so busy these days XD IU FIGHTING ^^

thanks for the translation squishy ;D
  11. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

ahaha i knew that she was the one idol couldn't skate xD GLAD SHE GOT BETTER!~
    i'm sooooooooo excited to see kim yuna and IU together~ : D
    she must be sooo busy too >< but she's really smart, taking advantage of all these opportunities
    IU FIGHTING~! i hope she doesn't hurt herself : /
  12. spencer22l

spencer22l Hearters

so excited about this not even jking
  13. ForeverKorean92

ForeverKorean92 Hearters

thanks for translating ^^.. hope IU wont overwork herself .. IU hwaiting.. to me she is always the korean national sister ^^..
  14. Martian07

Martian07 Hearters

Wow, i hope IU doesnt overwork herself but i hope she doesn't disappoint kim yuna as well
  15. linasinlovee

linasinlovee Hearters

I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks for translating ~
  16. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

YAAAAAY good to know she's making progress ;U; though hopefully she hasn't fallen too much...ice hurts TT_____TT it must be amazing working with Kim Yuna though, idk who's luckier actually LOL.

thank you for translating!
  17. weheartiu123

weheartiu123 Hearters

IU looks pretty in the pictures and I can't wait to see her on ice, I know she will look stunning! Can't wait! Thanks for the post and translation!
  18. clarissapatricia

clarissapatricia Hearters

uwaaaaa i am looking fwd to that! <3
  19. utsutikushii

utsutikushii Hearters

IU must have time for practising, hope she keep lookout for the healtyness :))
  20. utsutikushii

utsutikushii Hearters

hi :), sorry if my english not too good!!i'm first time make a post :)
    i was become IU fans since she played in Dream High, i love her acting so cute and to be honest pilsuk..
    i more and more love IU because she can played guitar, i really like musician who can play any musical instrument, also her voice can make me feel stunned..
    *hope we will sharing information about IU* and thanks for receive me :D