'Kiss and Cry', Choi In Hwa reveals he was disappointed when he got IU instead of Krystal as his par

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jun 5, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

'Kiss and Cry' Choi In Hwa confessed that when it was confirmed that he would be partners with IU for the show, he thought the sky was going to come crashing down.

On the 3rd episode of SBS 'Kiss and Cry' which was broadcasted on June 5th, Choi In Hwa expressed during his individual interview, "I wanted to partner someone that was good at sports" and "so I wanted to partner Krystal". During last week's broadcast, he looked slightly disappointed when it was decided that IU would be his partner.

Choi In Hwa also said during his individual interview, "I thought the sky was going to come crashing down. There was no one left but IU, I felt like I was at a loss about what to do."

On hearing her partner's true feelings, IU asked, "Really?" (See her ahjumma laughter response at 2:51) and "He didn't really show any hint of that towards me. Is he acting?"

In front of IU, he told her, "Even though I may have had an awkward expression then, that definitely wasn't supposed to be the case," and tried to explain to IU that he was not feeling disappointed then.

During the same broadcast, IU told her partner in a cool manner, "Teaching me will give you a sense of accomplishment" and gave her characteristic strong smile. She also confessed that she honestly had no idea about her partner's true feelings and that it would be alright as long as she worked hard from now on, saying, "Since I ended up in last position, the only thing that is left for me to do is to climb up."

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: Newsen, Hankyung, TVDaily via Nate

Watch IU and Choi In Hwa cut here
  2. jasoncher

jasoncher Hearters

IU's really good tempered and humble :D
  3. superman26

superman26 Hearters

can i be evil and strangle Mr Choi In Hwa!!!!!!!
    How could he say that~ IU also choose him cos of no choice~
    If he want Krystal~ Krystal would have choosen him instead~ bleaghz~~

IU is really thoughtful that she doens't show her disappointment or sad feeling toward him for saying that~
    I hope IU will be strong and carry on with training both mind and body~
    and i hope Choi In Hwa will teach IU well and not being biased~
    vil likes this.
  4. KOREANFAN1

KOREANFAN1 Hearters

awww well i think he shouldn't of said that he thought the sky was going to come crashing down- i mean that is a bit harsh for anyone to hear...well but iu did improve a lot!XDso i am sure he will change his opinion soon!
  5. ann32468

ann32468 Hearters

oh god!!! How could he say that??!! He should be grateful that IU is his partner!!
  6. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

How can he say that!!?!!?!?
    But IU did improve alot and i think that he will know that choosing IU is a good choice!!
  7. Cesca_1988

Cesca_1988 Hearters

he got me pissed off, how could he say such remarks,tsk!!!! If only IU has a chance I think she will not choose him otherwise.
  8. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

what i can say is.. IU is awesome! to accept the opinion openly like that.... it's not easy.
    and omg choi in hwa, how good are you to be like that?
    better train your manner before joining something like this :/
    thanks for sharing!
  9. MrJunRong

MrJunRong Hearters

he is so straight and mean gosh...
    IU just have to prove him wrong cause IU is AWESOME!!
  10. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

MEAN lol well i bet since he is a competitive figure skater, of course he wants to do the best, and shaping an already athlete would be much easier XD buuuut IU is totally right, BE A MAN AND ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE!!!!!! :lol: she's so awesome making a negative into a funny positive ;D
    YOUU CAN DO IT IU!^^
  11. musjo89

musjo89 Hearters

i think he will learn that IU is really awesome girl and thought he's lucky men for getting IU as his partner. Lol i love when she said "Since I ended up in last position, the only thing that is left for me to do is to climb up." I have heard it before. That the way to encourage yourself to do better next time. So mature IU made her "Dream girl" that everyone want in their life...Hehehe. IU hwaiting!!!
    vil likes this.
  12. fIUshbones

fIUshbones Hearters

I love IU's fighting spirit. There's no doubt he will fall to IU's charm if he hasn't already
  13. novel2niki

novel2niki Hearters

"Since I ended up in last position, the only thing that is left for me to do is to climb up"
    This sentence make me feel sad~~
    IU fighting ~~ i noe u can done a great job!!
    We all will support U all the time!!
    vil likes this.
  14. xion

xion Donators

IU's attitude makes me like her even more. IU fighting!! You can do it!
    vil likes this.
  15. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

LOLOLOLOL SKY COME CRASHING DOWN DHSDJFHFSDFSFK AHAHHHAHAHAHHA
    omgomgomogmgmog but dude he gets to skate with AIYU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lololol thank you for sharing!
  16. Cheisee

Cheisee Hearters

Why he is so mean?!?!
    I know he have said it before in episode 2 alr.
    Here he goes again.
    You're super duper lucky to be partnered with IU!
    I bet many men want to be his position!
    Love IU's humbleness and she's so nice. I would be putting on "wth" face if i heard it. Lol
    Fighting IU!! <3
  17. Kyouria

Kyouria Hearters

Haha, beat me to it! I also translated it. :) Thanks for sharing!

It's great to see her positive attitude!
  18. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

I read your translation after that too! Hmm do let me know if there were any parts that I misunderstood or was inaccurate with :) I kinda combined those 3 articles XD
  19. hcammari

hcammari Hearters

mmm.. he was so rude... and a lot of ppl would want to be IU's partner :grin:
  20. swangreek

swangreek Hearters

lol, that guy is weird, he should thank god!! xD
    At least I would do that. :p
    Show him you can do it!! Good luck IU!!~ :grin:

btw guys, in the youtube link at the first post, check 2:55!! xD Hilarious!!
    Thanks for translating this! ;D