IU's 20th Birthday Charity Project - Message Video

Discussion in 'Completed Projects' started by Matt, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

IU's 20th Birthday Charity Project
    Message Video

The second part of our project for IU's birthday this year is a video compilation of birthday wishes from WeHeartIU members all over the world.

Many people have suggested in the past that we make a video for IU, but we've always avoided the idea for the simple reason that it was very unlikely IU would ever see it.

But now we have a way around that problem. As you know, we are making a rice donation which will be presented in the form of a wreath with a large banner. We are going to add a QR code to the banner that links to the video, so all IU has to do is scan the code with her phone. Even if she doesn't do it herself, we're confident at least one passing LOEN staff member will be curious enough to try it, and IU should then learn about it that way.

If you don't know what a QR code is, here's an example:

[​IMG]

About the video

The concept for our video is simple. We want as many of you as possible, from as many different places around the world, to send us clips of you saying:

"Happy Birthday IU from (country)"

or if your first language is not English, the equivalent message in your own language. So for example, if I was recording it I would say "Happy Birthday IU from the UK". We will then edit the clips together into a single video, with a few surprises we're keeping secret for now.

To avoid the video being extremely dull, we want you guys to be creative. Don't just sit in your gloomy bedroom and film yourself on a blurry webcam. Here are some suggestions of things you could do:
    • Get a group of fans together, the more the better, and film yourselves all shouting the message at once.
    • Make banners, hold up IU merchandise, wave a flag, do whatever you can think of to show your enthusiasm and support.
    • Film your message in front of some recognisable landmark in your country, e.g. a famous building.
    Those are just suggestions, come up with your own ideas and surprise us! The more ambitious you are, the better chance you have that we will use your video.

Now unfortunately there are quite a lot of rules and guidelines we need to give you to make sure the submissions we get are usable. Please read the points below very carefully.
    1. If your first language is not English, please say the message in your own language. We will add a caption to the video to say what country you are from. We want to give IU a feeling of the truly global nature of her fanbase.
    2. Apart from translating it to your own language, please do not change the message.
    3. Do not include any personal information in your video - e.g. your real name, WHI username or Twitter ID. However if you want to show a banner identifying a country-specific fan group (e.g. France Love IU, OnlyIU, IU VN etc) that's fine.
    4. Videos must be no longer than 10 seconds. It's OK if the raw clip you submit is a bit longer than that, but the actual message mustn't be. We will edit the clips to shorten them if necessary.
    5. We cannot guarantee we will use all submissions. The more impressive it is (e.g. a large group of people, banners etc), the more likely we will include it. Please don't be offended if we don't use your clip, we have to keep the video short so that hopefully busy IU will watch it all.
    6. Please film with the best video quality you can, e.g. if using a phone camera make sure it is set to HD mode if it has one.
    7. Clear audio is very important. Try to film somewhere quiet, but if you have to film somewhere with lots of background noise (e.g. outside) shout loudly! We need to be able to hear your message.

How to submit

We can accept videos in most formats, but ideally we would like:
    • MP4, MKV or AVI file format (avoid MOV if possible)
    • h.264/x264 or XviD video
    • 720p HD widescreen resolution
    Don't worry if you don't understand that though, just send us what you have and we should be able to convert it.

Once you have your video, upload it to somewhere we can get it (like MediaFire), complete the form below and post it to this thread.

Deadline

The deadline for video submissions is Saturday 28 April 2012 at 10pm GMT.
    Sorry, submissions are now closed.

Questions/Comments

Please don't post questions or comments here, keep this thread only for video submissions and use this thread instead. We will move anything posted here that is not a video submission.
  2. dc4uxp

dc4uxp Hearters

3. herditya

herditya Hearters

interesting.. but it seems it's not getting the right enthusiasm from WHI members :/
  4. istatic

istatic Hearters

sounds cool
  5. MerryChrisnas

MerryChrisnas Hearters

Seems like a really good idea. I would really like to get this going.
  6. sapphireblue116

sapphireblue116 Hearters

coool! I will make when I have time.
  7. cel_IU

cel_IU Hearters

good idea kamshaa :D
  8. Waltz

Waltz New Member

highly doubted if individual shooting will be accepted or not..
  9. Alfie

Alfie Donators

Alfie
    Philippines
    (I greeted in English)
    http://www.mediafire...5dcw3l9hvquqah4

okay, obviously I'm in no historical landmark(I'm in my car lol)...its just me trying to send my sincere greetings^^
    *1st time to do this, sorry it lacked creativity :p PS. forgive my morning face XD
  10. Daniela IU

Daniela IU New Member

¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS DE IU (PERÚ)!
  11. SarahSajap

SarahSajap Hearters

Username: SarahSajap
    Language: Malay
    Link to video: http://www.mediafire.com/?amdrkccod9f9ci4

I'm sorry because there's only 2 of us. And we have nothing except for that.. that.. I haven't receive my album and my other IU merchandises. I cant bring my camera to my hostel so its kind of.. bad.. sorry, my ugly face... :? hhmm... and the background.. :? hmm.. nothing to do with my country...
  12. Squizelland

Squizelland Hearters

13. Randyanto

Randyanto Hearters

hmmm i think i want to give my guitar video hehehe, i hope i have a time to do recording heheh
  14. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

Username : gloaroyo
    Language : English
    Link To The Video : http://www.mediafire.com/?9hz8agx07dmon1q

sorry, it's kindda confusing... idk if whi will accept video that less than 10s or not.. so i didn't cut it...
    but i'm sure whi will do it, if u guys use this ~.~
    hope IU will love this T^T
  15. HUONGTGS

HUONGTGS Hearters

Username: HUONGTGS
    Language: English
    Link to video: http://www.mediafire.com/?3zgu5eu8r8cu7jg
    hello!^^ We are from IU-VN.net . our video is longer than 10 seconds, hope you will not edit to shorten it.^^ and we're sorry for low quality video . :(
  16. jieunism7

jieunism7 Hearters

17. adpipi

adpipi Hearters

Username: adpipi
    Language: Malay (w/ Hangul pronunciation)
    Link to video: http://www.mediafire.com/?5s5pnxz94h0zxoj (new link!)

Last minute and on-the-spot video.
    Somehow i put a little bit of caption (name and time only).
    Hope it does not affect anything on your side. :p

Updated the link as requested! ^^
  18. Shikki

Shikki Hearters

Username: Shikki
    Language: Malay
    Link to video: http://www.mediafire.com/?jsj6hge6sjw1q

Included translation in a notepad for your reference :D
  19. jamiannsiu

jamiannsiu New Member

Nombre de Usuario: jamiaans
    País: Chile
    Idioma: español
    Enlace al video:http://www.mediafire.com/?cl5une2nywq95i3
    trabajamos duro en el son fotos pero aun asi todos se esforzaron para mandarla por favor tenga nos en cuenta ^^ :D
  20. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Thank you everyone who has submitted a video so far, some of them are so cute!

We've extended the deadline until next weekend so if you were thinking of making a video but haven't got around to it yet, you've still got time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.