IU's 20th Birthday Charity Project - Info and Discussion

Discussion in 'Completed Projects' started by Matt, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

IU's 20th Birthday Charity Project
    Info and Discussion

On May 16th 2012 IU will be turning 20 (Korean age). Last year, for her 19th birthday, WeHeartIU sent a selection of gifts along with a special fairytale storybook. This year, instead of sending things directly to her, we have decided to do something different.

IU already gets a very large number of gifts from her Korean fans and it is much easier for them to select, buy and deliver gifts since they don't have the logistical problems of international postage, customs, currency exchange etc. So we will not be buying any gifts for IU herself this year.

Instead, we want to use our resources to do something positive in IU's name, something that will make IU proud of her international fans.

WeHeartIU is going to make a donation of rice on IU's behalf to help needy people in Korea. This will be presented in the form of a rice wreath delivered to the LOEN lobby on IU's birthday. It will include a large banner which identifies the donation as coming from international fans at WeHeartIU, and IU will be able to select which group of people the rice is donated to. You may have seen other fandoms doing a similar thing recently. Here are some examples of what the wreath will look like:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Our target is to donate 516kg of rice, to match IU's birthday date of 5.16. To achieve this, we need to raise $1385 by Saturday 5 May 2012.

There will also be two others parts to this project that will require direct participation of WeHeartIU members. The first is our message video, which you can read about here. We will announce details of the other part very soon, but in the meantime we need to start fundraising as we only have about a month to reach our target.

There are a couple of ways you can contribute to the fundraising:
    • Make a donation. Please check this thread for details of how to do this.
    • Buy something via our YesAsia links. We get a small amount of commission for every sale generated through our links. We will add any commission generated between now and the deadline to the project total. It's not just IU merchandise, but every product that YesAsia sell, so if you were planning to buy something anyway make sure you use our links! Check our new IU Shop for general links and also direct links to IU merchandise.
    I hope you all agree that this is a worthy cause and will do what you can to either support the fundraising, or contribute to the other parts of the project when they are announced.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them in this thread.
  2. Carmen

Carmen Hearters

I would like to donate but my parents doesn't let me to buy or donate via paypal because I'm still underage :(
    Other than donating, what can I do??
  3. putriperms

putriperms Hearters

will love to joined this project! but I'm still got confused of YesAsia order..
  4. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

We have other upcoming projects for IU's birthday that need direct participation of WeHeartIU members instead of donations :) Don't worry!

You don't really have to care about how it works, just buy things from YesAsia through WeHeartIU and you can't go wrong :)
  5. sweetIU

sweetIU Hearters

I'd love to donate too though. But my mom won't let me -____-

guess i'll participate on the next project and do what i can ^____^
  6. vampireiu

vampireiu Donators

I will donate !!!! It feels like giving my little sister money to buy sweets.... kekekeke...... I will I will !!!
  7. kardo46

kardo46 Hearters

it's hard for me
    because i don't have a permission from my parent

i hope charity project this year give a succes

hwaiting for all \^___^/
  8. You guys have made the best birthday present IU is going to get from her fans this year. I vote this is a yearly event! Who's with me? -admin kpoppa IU - Official Fansite on Facebook
  9. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

I like this! :D
  10. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

What currency is the donation made in? USD?
  11. gustav123

gustav123 Hearters

only via paypal.? is WHI don't has bank account, so i can transfer with visa..
    i wanna participate too, but i don't have paypal account.. T T
  12. La6ifa

La6ifa Hearters

about this one, how can I do it while I'm not in Korea,

CAN I do it and donate it to the needy people in my country or??
  13. squishyblob

Yes, in USD.

It's easy to make a paypal account! :) You can link it to your bank account, just follow the steps there. It's useful to make a paypal account for future transactions too.

Most of us are not in Korea either. You don't have to donate personally. We will use the money you donate via Paypal to buy rice for the needy people in Korea. Read the first post again carefully, if you still don't understand, do let us know.
  14. heart

heart Hearters

im not rlly understand, but i'll try to join the project :D
    hey.. i hv another idea, it's kinda old i think.. hhe. What about making a massage video from whi member to IU? since we all coming from many country we can talk in our own language so the video will hv subtitle in korea.
    sorry to interupt, but i just i wanna share my thought :idea:
  15. heart

heart Hearters

"message video" sorry... :blush:
  16. gustav123

gustav123 Hearters

okay squishy.. i'll try to make paypal account. hehe.. :D
    thank you..
  17. squishyblob

Hehe you're one step ahead. We'll announce the details for the other two parts to this project soon! :)
  18. hitmanXII125

hitmanXII125 Hearters

soo if we purchase even non-iu merchandise through those links we'll still contribute to the project right? o_o
  19. anilova

anilova New Member

Wow, good idea :) I'm going to participate :)
    Can't wait to the rest of the news about the project :) kekeke
  20. Steve'z

Steve'z Hearters

oh I realy hope I can participate in this project too... but i'm still underage and not have account of paypal... I'm really sorry :sour:ad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.