IU's 1000th Day Ultimate CD Contest!

Discussion in 'Completed Projects' started by Matt, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

IU's 1000th Day Ultimate CD Contest!

[​IMG]

To mark 1000 days since IU's debut, WeheartIU is launching its biggest ever contest!

The winner of this contest will receive EVERY physical CD that IU has ever released or featured on (as long as it's still available in Korea). Plus if any new CDs are released between now and the closing date, we'll add those in too!

The prize includes every item on the list below. That's a total of 15 CDs! If you think we've missed anything, let us know and as long as we can obtain it, we'll add it to the list.

IU's own albums

• Lost and Found
    • Growing Up
    • iu...im
    • REAL (Limited Edition)
    • REAL+
    OSTs

• Strike Love OST (featuring IU's song "You Are Always Like That")
    • Queen Seon Duk OST (featuring IU's songs "To The Sea" and "Wind Flower")
    • Telecinema 7 Paradise OST (featuring IU's song "Danny Boy)
    • Road No.1 OST (featuring IU's song "Because I'm A Girl")
    • Dream High OST (featuring IU's song "Someday")
    • The Greatest Love OST (featuring IU's self-composed song "Hold My Hand")
    Other

• MBC Music Travel Lalala (featuring IU's songs "All You Need Is Love" and "I Still Don't Know What Love Is")
    • G20 Let's Go
    • Road For Hope (featuring IU's duet with Yoo Seungho "Believe In Love")
    • Seungri Mini Album V.V.I.P (with track "I Know" featuring IU)

How to win

Since this is such a huge prize, we want you to work for it!

Last month IU released the promo song for Expo 2012, "Stories Told By The Sea". As well as the Korean version, she also released an English version. For this contest, we want you to make a cover of that song. You can use either the English or Korean version, but we're assuming most people will be happier with English!

You don't have to do just a straight singing cover. You could do your own instrumental version - piano, guitar, or any other instrument - or maybe an acapella singing version, or even a digital remix. Be creative! As long as the original song is clearly identifiable in whatever you produce, and it's your own work, it will qualify.

You can enter as a group too if you wish - a choral version would be impressive! - but there's only one prize.

The entries will be judged by WeheartIU staff and the winner will be the one that we think shows the most impressive combination of effort, creativity, enthusiasm and talent.

English, Korean and instrumental versions of the original track can be downloaded here: http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/2676-stories-told-by-the-sea-yeosu-2012-expo-logo-song/

English and Korean lyrics are available here (English) http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/2693-stories-told-by-the-sea-english-ver/ and here (Korean) http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/2682-%eb%b0%94%eb%8b%a4%ea%b0%80-%ea%b8%b0%ec%96%b5%ed%95%98%eb%8a%94-%ec%96%98%ea%b8%b0-stories-told-by-the-sea-korean-ver/

Entry procedure

Here's how to enter the contest.

1. You must RECORD A VIDEO of your cover (you don't have to show your face if you don't want to) and upload it to Youtube. The video MUST be set to public and include "WeheartIU.com 1000th day contest" and your WeheartIU username in the title. For example, I would title my video: "WeheartIU.com 1000th day contest - TheFly"
    2. Post the link to your video in this thread.
    3. You can make as many entries as you like, as long as each video is significantly different.

The closing date is 12 July 2011, which gives you 4 whole weeks. We will choose the winner shortly after that date.

Good luck!

Sorry, the contest is now closed. Winners will be announced in the next few days.
  2. vunguyenphan

vunguyenphan Hearters

I don't join the contest, but thanks to WeheartIU for with this I know some rare songs she sang :)
  3. bluesheep

bluesheep Hearters

May I know.. can i record sound of the cover and put the video with IU's video and picture?
  4. VirtuallyJesse

VirtuallyJesse Hearters

Nice contest, I can't really sing or play any instruments.. maybe I'll make a digital remix if I get the time, I've made a few in the past. :cool: Good luck to all who enter.
  5. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Cool contest, i cant play any instruments though. Good luck to those who are entering! :D
  6. IUwithme

IUwithme Hearters

nice contest and what a huge prizes...but i am not good in singing and instruments...
  7. pandahoar

pandahoar Hearters

Gonna try this one out! :33 The prizes are osm! <3
    Good luck to those people who are planning to join! Hwaitinggg!
  8. Viviana Choo

Viviana Choo Hearters

wow~~~ oh yeah~~~ im wana join if the time allow me to do so~~ ^^ wat a great contest~~ <3
    hope everything im planing going smooth~~~ kekeke~~~ <3

and good luck for those who participant in this contest~~~ aza aza hwaiting~~~ :grin:
  9. wongeen

wongeen Hearters

oh man, im definitely gonna try to win :p thank you for such a great opportunity and happy 1000th day IU! <3
  10. desirecstacy

desirecstacy Donators

OH MY MAMA! REAL LIMITED EDITION!! T.T

her songs are just not for my voice. too high! and i've never done any covers before.

even if i did it, it will be plain singing, sure cannot win.
  11. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

i ... can't sing.... T____T BUMMER but these are awesome prizes, thanks WHI ^^ good luck to anyone who's trying it~~
  12. _sadlovesong_

_sadlovesong_ Hearters

omg! while reading his i could not breathe D:
    this is the best contest EVER!
    i will definitely do this one :3
    AJJA AJJA HWAITING EVERYONE!
  13. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

I believe that would be fine, since showing your face isn't a requirement anyways. Just make sure that everything else fits the procedure.
  14. jesslau92

jesslau92 Hearters

So excited! I might just have to pluck up the courage and enter! By the way, didn't IU also do a single with Sung Si Kyung? And I'm know this might sound silly but...Nagging? Or are they both digital singles?
  15. Randyanto

Randyanto Hearters

Whaaaaatt!!!!!! i've just finished my fingerstyle guitar cover for "someday" <_< today i'm gonna change my guitar's strings then record my video but somehow this contest pop out and...... 'stories told by the sea' :cry: huaaaaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry:
  16. ShinbiJoyce

ShinbiJoyce Hearters

Can i change some of the lyrics ? But the original song should be still identifiable .
  17. _sadlovesong_

_sadlovesong_ Hearters

i had a question, will you be searching it up on YT? or do we have to post it somewhere?

also, is it ok if i sing it and then have that on the BG. while i am making something? xD
  18. Akira

Akira Hearters

Omg...the prize is such a big prize!! thank you for doing this competition! I really want to join it, I hope I will be able to learn it and try to sing it before the deadline
  19. ThirteenFour

ThirteenFour Hearters

wow, such an epic contest.

i was long considering an IU cover, but i didn't think it would be in the context of a contest..

i'm not good at covering songs at all (which is why i decided to write my own in the first place)

i guess i'll also be joining, but i'll have to listen to the original first... :p
    -nikolai413-
  20. lovetin.

lovetin. Hearters

Wow! This contest is so cool! I will definitely try to do something.

Good luck to those who will join in. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.