IU to release a song from new album on Nov 22nd and Japan Pre-debut album on Dec 14th [2011.11.10]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Nov 10, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

Click here for latest timeline for IU's releases

IU will be releasing a song from her Korean album on Nov 22nd and staging her comeback, before she enters the Japanese market next month.

According to sources from LOEN Entertainment, IU will be releasing her Pre-debut album in Japan on Dec 14th. This album will include her all-time Korean hits, from 'Good Day' to 'Nagging', the duet with 2AM's Seulong.

However, this album will not include any new Japanese songs and only Korean hits [*Note: According to the tracklist, there will be a new song, probably in Korean, titled 'Last Fantasy']. There are no concrete plans for promotional activities yet and there is a high possibility that IU will be focusing on her activities within Korea.

According a source, "One new song from IU's new Korean album will be released on Nov 22nd and the rest of the songs on the album are scheduled to be released by the end of November."

The agency also expressed briefly mentioned, "Although IU's first Japanese album is receiving warm responses among the locals, we have yet to sign any contract or agreement with EMI Music Japan."

In September, EMI Music Japan's official homepage stated, "18-year-old musician leading the way to K-Pop's new generation", as an introduction to IU and announcement of the release of her Japanese album.

EMI Music Japan was also complimented IU, saying, "As a singer, she has an amazing ability to express herself and also outstanding guitar performance and composing skills. Her vocals simply come alive through her free expression."

(11/11 Update: IU will be releasing official Japanese debut album at the start of next year)

(11/13 Update: News sources have now removed all references to the Nov 22 date, so it looks like that may have been incorrect.)

(11/17 Update: According to LOEN, IU will be releasing her new album on Nov 29th. The tracklist will be out on Nov 22nd.)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: SPN
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20111110n22160
  2. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

Finally 22 nov *O*

Thanks for translating :D
  3. tamtam

tamtam Hearters

22 NOV COME QUICCKKKKK
  4. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

Oh yeah! Finally, I've been waiting for this! #overExcited
  5. wing307

wing307 Donators

Is there anyone know where and when I can pre-order this album?
  6. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

You can preorder the Japan Pre-debut album here, but details for the Korean album are not out yet :)
  7. ri0nozo

ri0nozo Hearters

8. wing307

wing307 Donators

Thank you but I have alredy pre-ordered Japan album, I just want to order Korea album now.
  9. RendIU

RendIU Hearters

Finally! 22 Nov here i come!!
  10. marshmallow3424

marshmallow3424 Hearters

Finally~ the exact info is out xD /sprout dance/ kekeke I've been wondering when. Fyuh~ :D OMG OMG it's 12 days to go~ Can't wait for this big day woho! *u*

Let's be prepared Hearters! XD

Thanks for sharing ^o^
  11. mathova

mathova Hearters

oh come on, I can't wait little longer again.......

how much IU new song in her new album??? ( I hope at least 4 new song) :D
  12. platini

platini Hearters

wow, 22 nov, come quick come quick, that means she would release one new song first, and the rest would come later by the end of nov? so u guys know when we can see a mv for the promotion song? i not yet heard anything about the mv yet? I want to see the mv, :(
  13. aidz143

aidz143 Hearters

oh shit this is a good news! damn i can't wait for her new song!!! Thanks for this squishy!!

P.S She really look adorable/beautiful on the pic!!!!! O_O
  14. lovetin.

lovetin. Hearters

Whoo! so excited..XD

Can't wait to hear the new song ^^
  15. just iu

just iu Hearters

Nov. 22 is just a few days away but why does it feel like...forever?!!

Ugh! IU we miss you so much!
  16. xion

xion Donators

Finally it's here! I can't wait for her new album :D
  17. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Woohoo! Lets wait for 22nd nov! :D
  18. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

awesome. I want to order the Korean album. I want to order the Japanese one too but kind of broke...
  19. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

hhhuuuurrrrraaaaaaaaaayyyyy =D so excited~!!!
    just 12 more days =D i'm going to mark that date in the calandar >=] lol
  20. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

I think its very highly anticipated.. It's been so long we've seen her with a new song so I can't wait!