IU, "Through figure skating, I would like to put my dance skills to the test" [2010.04.20]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Apr 20, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

8 celebrities, together with national speed skater Lee Kyou Hyuk, will be taking up the challenge of figure skating on SBS programme "Kiss and Cry", also known as Kim Yuna auditions, which is scheduled to begin broadcasting in May. It makes us wonder why they want to embrace this 'Infinite Challenge'.

Figure skating is a sport that is not easy to even imitate. On the Kim Yuna episode of MBC programme 'Infinite Challenge', everyone could see that it is not easy to follow the fluid motions of a figure skater.

Nevertheless, each of the 9 challengers have their own reasons for lacing up their skates. Let's take a look at their reasons to stand on this beautiful but cold and heartless ice rink.

'Since we have some dance experience'

Son Dambi, f(x)'s Krystal and TVXQ's Yunho are challengers who are good dancers and hope to transfer some of their dance skills from their stage performances onto the ice rink. Being born with athletic genes is something that all of them have in common.

For IU, romantic ideal of uncle fans, if there is something she is lacking in, it would be her dancing skills. Even though she promoted dance songs such as 'Marshmallow' and 'Good Day', in contrast to her outstanding vocal skills and guitar performance skills, honestly she still lacks dancing experience. "Through figure skating, I would like to put my dance skills to the test," IU expressed as her reason for participating in the show.

Some parts of the article not regarding IU were omitted from this translation.

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: SPN
    Original article: http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?sub_cd=EA3&newsid=01141446596218088&DirCode=0010300&searchDate=&startArrow=0&strPage=1
  2. chelupa

chelupa Uploaders

LOL IU really does lack dancing skills, just watch her come to play episode with jiyeon/luna hahahaha.. i hope she has fun but i do hope she doesn't get hurt trying out this figure skating show D:

thanks for translating squishy!!
  3. sanz

sanz Hearters

AJA IU!!!! you can do it!!!! hahaha
  4. superman26

superman26 Hearters

woooo hoooo~ nw i seee squishy everywhere translating~
    Thankx many many many~ c",)

I hope she will haf great funs in here and hope she take care of herself too
    so dat nt to have any injury~ c",)
  5. venonat_101

venonat_101 Hearters

Wow I think I want to watch this show. All star casts and very amusing concept of the show, especially seeing IU ice skating is also a dream. I'm going to wait for the Marshmellow Subs.
  6. ringringrang

ringringrang Donators

I'm happy to know that IU will participate in this program, now I have more IU's things to watch. But IU, please don't get hurt, ice-skating means you may fall a lots! :unsure:
  7. micky_

micky_ New Member

IU!!! u r good at dancing too! dont give up :razz:
  8. iu_lovers

iu_lovers Hearters

omo...i cant wait to watch her in figure skating.....
    that's got to be awesome ;)
  9. Icarus

Icarus Donators

OK, this looks like it'll be really interesting and fun to watch.
    IU and figure skating? hahahhaha cannot wait for that.
    And Krystal <3
  10. jolovesiu

jolovesiu Hearters

hahaha..i can only say..IU fighting!
    her dance skills are seriously not the best, but she gets credit & all the love for trying hard and rising up to challenge herself! :) i hope she has lots of fun & not get any injuries..
  11. kajie18

kajie18 Hearters

Show em what you got IU!!!!
  12. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

iu fighting!!!!!!! i hope she doesnt get hurt D:
    figure skating involves ALOT of falling lol
    she can totally do it!~ when she practices something she usually can:)
    thanks for the translation!
  13. margot

margot Hearters

Figure skating looks very difficult, props to IU for giving it a try but let's hope she does not get hurt. And also I'd like to know what system the program will use. If there are going to be eliminatory rounds each week, IU must be at disadvantage because all the other competitors have had a proper training at dance (and thus are more fit) whereas IU will need mor time to adjust.
  14. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

Well this will be funny :grin: her lack of dance skills makes for a really cute show, so I wont complain. I actually wonder if she's ever been on skates before

Anyways thanks for translating squishy
  15. wongeen

wongeen Hearters

yaaay XD
    i hope she has fun and doesnt get hurt ;o
    you can do it jieun!
  16. linasinlovee

linasinlovee Hearters

Haha, I think she can do it.
    I hope she doesn't hurt herself. I've never ice skated before, but I hear falling hurts.

I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks for translating ~
  17. Caricactures

Caricactures Hearters

Hope Yuna can give a personal skating lesson to IU! I'm sure she'll do well!
    Totally anticipating IU to do those slow expressive dances. Hope she don't break into her uncontrollable ahjumma laughter while doing those facial expressions! :D
  18. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

just have fun IU! :D
    Cos that's what really matters the most. (;
    &I believe she can do it!
    Just don't get hurt will do.

Thanks for translating. ;D
  19. Somaly

Somaly Hearters

She doesn't lack dancing skills, lol. Hope she has lots of fun figure skating!
  20. mitzi

mitzi Hearters

she can do it ^^