IU, childhood photos and neoprint guy's true identity to be revealed on 'Sweet Hometown Trip' [2011.

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jun 8, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

On the SBS show 'Sweet Hometown Trip' (or 'Dalgona'), to be broadcasted on June 10th, IU's uncles and unnies brought along her childhood photos during the recording of this episode, drawing much attention, as these photos of IU from the family photo album have not been revealed beore.

Looking at the photos from when she was 1 year old, to her kindergarten days, one can easily observe the great changes she underwent during this period of development.

[​IMG]

Furthermore, another hot issue on this broadcast is regarding the 'neoprint guy'. Previously, when these photos ended up being spread all over the Internet, IU explained, "He's not my boyfriend, just an oppa I liked," but IU was still taken aback the moment those neoprints appeared on the large screen.

The neoprint guy himself, who attended the recording, then said, "I was trolled by uncle fans and suffered threats from them after the neoprints I took with IU were revealed" and went on to reveal the truth between them.

In particular, in response to IU's suggestion to meet her outside later, he said, "I'll have a meal with you, but it's not a date," drawing laughter from everyone in the audience.

Even in the 'thanks to' note in IU's album, she did not forget to include his name, proving the special bond between them. More details will be revealed during the broadcast on June 10th at 9:55 PM KST.

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: Osen and TVreport via Nate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ULDAulwd0
  2. vunguyenphan

vunguyenphan Hearters

She doesn't differ much from the past, still remain some features. The photo sticker look like the time she's attending JYP auditon. I like the second one which marked '99, she's 6 years old then :)
  3. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

those. pictures. are. adorable. <3333333333 XD
    wah i wanna watch this really bad!! we get to know about IUs past hoho~
    thanks for the quick trans squishy!!^^
  4. heartfxshinee

heartfxshinee Hearters

IU was so cute when she was little XD
    she still is really cute!
    and the guy in the neoprints is pretty good looking, i feel bad for him considering all the threats from the ahjussis... :(
  5. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Ahhhhh! She was so cute when she was young! :D
    There are still some features that did not change since she was young! :D
    Thanks for the translation squishy! :D
  6. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

i want to squeeze IU's cheeks in that first pic xD IU seriously looks the same..i hope that photo smashes all plastic surgery rumors >=]
    X_x i feel bad for the neoprint guy but at least they are still close, i think it's nice to have a friend thats been with u before debut
  7. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

waaa...the first picture's so cute!!! I want to pinch those huge cheeks..waaaa...and neoprint guy is also on the show..hmm..i definitely need to see this show..thanx for sharing squishy! :D ^_^
  8. phoung

phoung Donators

uhm she is so kute when she was little
    seriously wanna pinch her cheeks
    thanks for translating can't wait to see the episode
  9. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

OMFG GRUMPY BABY AIYU SO CUTE~~~~ OH MY GOODNESS HIS IDENTITY WILL FINALLLY BE REVEALED?!??!? KEEK can't wait to see! thank you for trnaslating~!
  10. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

oh whoopz i forgot to ask this in my post but in the preview what did the girl (after IU and Jinwoon's duet) say about IU? just a little curious xD
  11. strawberry

strawberry Hearters

kekeke he must have been shocked..IU said that she like him ^^ make a high school couple ^^
    Iam addicted to this show^^ ...wait but Iu and that boy 's still cute after time flies^^
  12. Randyanto

Randyanto Hearters

ohhhhh :???: i can't watch it from indonesia
  13. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

OMG. SHOOOO CUTE THE PHOTOS <3 :grin:
    Why is Jieun so cute? Can't wait for the show :D.
  14. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

AIGOOO THE 2ND PIC <3333333
    her cute face doesn't change at all kyaaa!
    can't wait for this to be out!!
  15. khema wijaya

khema wijaya Hearters

i really love her childhood photos...aaargh..totally cute ><
    look at her 1 year old photo, lol :lol: so fat and i love her big cheek ><
    for that 'neoprint guy'..aah how lucky you were.. IU liked you..kkkkkk
    i really want to watch the video, but it says "the video has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds" aaahh..so sad :(
    thanks anyway for sharing :)
  16. IUx3

IUx3 Hearters

Her photos are cute! Cant wait for the show! :)

Buy the Dream High Director's Cut on DVD http://iu.gs/DHdvd and enter the WeHeartIU Dream High giveaway! http://iu.gs/lnfRkU
  17. yoman125

yoman125 Hearters

Holy crap...I can't view the video due to Copyright.. T.T
  18. sweetdreams

sweetdreams Hearters

Omo,those pics are so cute! :)
    you can really see that it's IU at the 2nd pic ^^
    thanks for sharing
  19. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

aww I can clearly see the resemblance between her as a kid and now. I don't know why but I found the fact that they used "trolled" kind of funny. Thanks for translating squishy.
  20. weheartiu123

weheartiu123 Hearters

Aww! Thanks! IU looks so cute in those pictures!!!! Thanks a lot for the post!!!!! I can't wait to watch it!!!! :rolleyes: