IU cafe daum

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by AyeThantUSpirit, Aug 31, 2013.

1. AyeThantUSpirit

AyeThantUSpirit New Member

Anyone here know how to write to IU on Cafe Daum? I just created account there and I don't know what to do next.. Plz anyone who knows help me.. thanks^^
  2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Only members at "Marshmallow" level or above can reply to IU's From IU posts. It's quite hard for foreign fans to get to that level unless you know Korean as one of the requirements is to have made a certain number of posts (I can't recall exactly how many).

If you've just joined you will be at "Mia" level. If you level up to "Boo" level then you can view the From IU posts and also post in the Dear IU section. There are instructions in the fancafe in English explaining how to do this, look at the links down the left hand side for one that includes the word "foreigner".

I hope that helps. :)
  3. Pinchii

Pinchii Hearters

Um.. I am sorry but I wanted to ask how can I join IU's fancafe I have daum account but I don't know how to join it .. are there any suggestions ?? thank you in advance :)
    AyeThantUSpirit likes this.
  4. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

It's actually pretty hard to even join the fancafe because in order to join you need to verify your existence (? lol sounds weird) by either using ipin or having a korean cellphone number.
    and then you can become a member at Mia level (from my experience with the other daum fancafe, i'm guessing even at this level you won't be able to do much), and usually you would have do request to level up which i'm guessing would level you up to the Boo level? in order to start reading things in the cafe.
  5. Pinchii

Pinchii Hearters

Ahaa !! I got it now .. thank you for helping :)
  6. just iu

just iu Hearters

Omo...in this case then...i shouldn't even dare to dream that i can lurk at Daun fancafe:depressed:

Good thing there's WHI cause here we also get a visit from IU:woot:

Rare as it is...it's still a dream come true:joyful:
  7. IloveloveU

IloveloveU Hearters

Yeahh once i try to search how to join fancafe by using english instructions/tutorials online but it seems that i should have that pin or something code that only korean fans/residence has. So I'm guessing you're too lucky you were able to join!

I hope someday they'll allow foreigners or create an english version of it. T__T
  8. Pinchii

Pinchii Hearters

Ohh !!!!!!!!! I tries a lot I know how to join a fancafe .. I have joined one .. but I don't know why cna't I do the same in IU's one .. this is really disappointing :(
    sansheen99 and AyeThantUSpirit like this.
  9. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

some fancafe doens't require you to verify your existence so it's easier to join. (leveling up is a different story though lol)
    like i think snsd, infinite, girls day and some other daum fancafe doesn't require you to verify it.
    it's just that some fancafes require you to, IU's daum fancafe being one of them T.T
  10. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

It is possible as a non-Korean to verify your ID with Daum by sending them a scan of your passport. That's what I did and I was able to join IU's fancafe afterwards. It's probably more hassle than it's worth unless you know Korean though because you still can't reply to From IU posts without levelling up to Marshmallow status.
  11. shinstar18

shinstar18 Hearters

awww... so hard to join T.T
  12. Pinchii

Pinchii Hearters

Yehh .. I agree .. but When I tried to join the fancafe .. it says that I need to be a member .. I mean I have a daum but .. i don't know what to do .. if I figure something I will say it here :)
  13. AyeThantUSpirit

AyeThantUSpirit New Member

Thank you all guys,
    Uaenas are the best!! I was being inactive cuz of examination here,
    Thank you all.
    I wish I can be a korean =(
    *love you all*
    You guys really helped me a lot, =)