IU and Suh Jisuk, first two teams to be eliminated from 'Kiss & Cry' [2011.07.10]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jul 10, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

On the episode of SBS 'Kiss & Cry' broadcasted on July 10th, the first two teams to be eliminated from the show were announced.

When only the 8th, 9th and 10th positions were left to announce and only the G3 members were left standing, IU expressed her regret, saying, "I came up with 'G3' for no particular reason, but that seems to have become a curse for us. I'm sorry for coming up with it for no reason. I hope the remaining team will do us G3 members proud."

Out of the G3 members - Jin Jihee, Suh Jisuk and Lee Jieun (IU) - Jin Jihee came in 8th, while everyone bid the two remaining teams a teary farewell.

(*Note: IU came in 9th place with a total score of 80.2 of the 1st and 2nd round contests combined, while Suh Jisuk was in last place with a total score of 79.0)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Sources: Ilgan sports & X sports news
  2. jiaxin1603

jiaxin1603 Hearters

It's so sad that IU's out, but she did a great performance. IU, fighting!!!
  3. elsanovi

elsanovi Hearters

what is G3? so sad she's eliminated T__T can you upload the video of her performance please? thank you so much
  4. yooshu

yooshu Hearters

ahhhh...i'm so sad=.=
    but it's ok IU, now you can rest more...no need to injure yourself anymore^^
    i'm hoping to see you in another variety...but oh well, since your company already decided the best for you...i'll accept that...
    i'll wait for your next album patiently
    i'll buy it....PROMISE><
    p/s:goodbye kiss n cry...i won't watch it anymore...lol><
  5. xion

xion Donators

I felt disappointed, cos I thought that IU performed the best out of the G3 this time round. On a brighter note, this would mean that she can concentrate more on her new album. All the best IU!
  6. ruuurs

ruuurs Hearters

that's a little sad, but IU worked really hard in this and I think it's all worth it. She's done enough and made everyone here proud of her.
  7. abcfsk

abcfsk Hearters

Happy she can focus fully on music now to be honest.
  8. margot

margot Hearters

Mixed feelings here. Sad to see her leave the show (I slightly feel like they did not properly acknowledge her hard work) but on the other hand, I feel relieved that she will get rid of all the stress the show was putting her through and concentrate on the thing that give her more joy: her music.

IU fighting!
  9. Syuuu

Syuuu Hearters

I'm proud of her! She acknowledged that she wasn't too great at sports, but she fought hard and made all her fans proud. Whatever it is, I'll be supporting your next project! gogogo!
  10. Laraelia

Laraelia Hearters

for me she's a winner.. well done IU!you did great!!!
  11. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

G3 = Jihee, Jisuk, Jieun

Just uploaded it for youuuu. Here you go :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk0431bJ2-A
  12. Randyanto

Randyanto Hearters

btw [ out of this topic just for fun :) to cheer up everyone here :p ] there is another G3

:D this G3 is very famous in the guitar world hehehehe
  13. aldosurya

aldosurya Hearters

ohh i'm really sad to know that she had been eliminated..
    i always enjoy watching her performance there
  14. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

it's unfortunate that IU was eliminated since she's just starting to really improve but as a fan I think IU being eliminated from Kiss & Cry would mean no more nasty bruises and more time to rest and focus on her upcoming album..hmmm...I think that's a pretty good deal :)
  15. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

i teared up when i watched the last scene >_< i really thought she deserved a higher score *sigh* don't think i'll watch anymore...the show was only interesting cuz of G3 anyways
    thanks for translating~
  16. Nurul Sakinah

Nurul Sakinah Hearters

awww, i'm so sad thinking about it :'( but to me, IU is the real winner, she already working hard for the show. And IU is the best!! Now, she can fully concentrate on her new album ;D FIGHTING IU! IU JJANG XD
  17. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Sad that IU was eliminated!
    Enjoyed her performances alot!
  18. Martian07

Martian07 Hearters

Its so saddening to see this happen
    I wish IU could have lasted longer in this competition...
  19. lovetin.

lovetin. Hearters

Her performance was awesome! :D So sad that she got eliminated.
    But kinda happy because she'll get more rest and concentrate on her album. :)
  20. hcammari

hcammari Hearters

yeah! I think the same as you.... goodbye kiss n cry.... i was watching this show only cause iu was there keke... anyway i'm so proud to be a fangirl of IU