IU and Kim Yuna's 'dorky dance' to be broadcasted on "Kiss and Cry" [2011.05.28]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 28, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

'Figure skating Queen' Yuna and 'Hot Trend' IU, Korea's two 'national little sisters' will be showing their 'dorky dance' on broadcast for the first time.

On a recent recording of SBS 'Kiss and Cry', Kim Yuna used her own choreography and invited David Wilson as a special coach, to give everyone, including the 10 stars on the show, a lesson on expressiveness.

In order for everyone to improve on their expressiveness, an important skill in figure skating, a method Yuna herself adopted during training was used and a 'dorky dance' lesson was carried out, with everyone dancing freestyle to the music being played.

To make it less awkward for the 10 stars, Kim Yuna personally demonstrated her 'dorky dance' and her easy-going and adorable dorky dance brought about a cordial atmosphere in the recording studio.

IU, who usually only performs choreographed dances on stage, said hesitatingly, "Until now, I've never had to do dorky dances on broadcasts." However, together with the rest of the cast, everyone moved their bodies to the music and rhythm happily and drew rounds of applause from those present.

Meanwhile, on the variety show "Kim Yuna's Kiss and Cry", the 10 stars will pair up with professional skaters and through several rounds of contest, some will be eliminated while the best team will participate on "Kim Yuna's Ice show" in August.

During the first broadcast on May 22nd, Yunho, Krystal and other performers showcased their figure skating skills. For the 2nd broadcast on May 29th, the remaining stars will perform and everyone's results as well as partners, etc. will be announced.

(*Note: Since the dorky dance was only recorded recently, I doubt it will be on the May 29th broadcast tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be shown on a future broadcast :))

[​IMG]

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: MyDaily via Nate
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20110528n05971
  2. yuyee

yuyee Hearters

looking forward to it she look so lovely and cute in the pic but it might be funny in the video kekeke thanks for the translating

just realise I was first for the first time happy happy I going to do some dorky dance too kekekeke
  3. swangreek

swangreek Hearters

haha, dorky dance xD
    Sounds fun, I'm looking forward to the broadcast! :D
    thx for translating!
  4. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Hahahaha, i shall look forward to this! :D
  5. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

dorky dance..hahaha..i'm excited to see how IU's dorky dance will turn out..hehehe..i think we have to prepare ourselves for an explosion of cuteness when this dorky dance will be aired..hehehe.. ^_^
  6. tacticalerror

tacticalerror Hearters

Dorky dance Hihihi..
    I'm looking forward on it ..
    It will be the awesome one ^^
  7. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

kekekkkkkkeke omg aiyu is SO ADORKABLE-- but i'm excited to see the QUEEN herself dance all out keekke thank you so much for translating! can't wait to see!!
  8. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

Haha Iu's pose in the picture already looks funny (reminds me of the dork dance in HMS). Can't wait to see this, and nice to see the two of them fooling around. thanks squishy!
  9. dby

dby Hearters

hahahaha..
    very curious waht it will be like.. :p
    and i'm looking forward to watch IU in this show..

thx for sharing.. :D
  10. Martian07

Martian07 Hearters

I hope i can watch this dorky dance soon
    sounds like its gonna be cute haha
  11. melonpop3

melonpop3 Moderator Staff Member

Haha this is going to be adorable :D
    Another thing to add to the list of precious IU moments.
    Can't wait to see this =D
    Thanks for translating!
  12. burntbiscuit

burntbiscuit Donators

hahah, looking forward to this!~
    IU must be so adorable when doing the dorky dance, even the judge(?) at the back of the picture is smiling! hehe.
    and of course Kim Yuna's dance too~ :)

`thanks for translating! ^^
  13. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

ooooh so cool :D IU is dorky all the time so it'll be fun to see her skate while doing it lol
    thanks for the news!:)
  14. ahjussi

ahjussi Hearters

i am really looking forward to see the dorky dance....since our IU is so cute being dork haha in a positive way don't get me wrong :p
  15. stormywnd

stormywnd Hearters

SO CUTE! I guess whatever she does is cute to us fans eh? hahahaha. HWIGHTING! :D
  16. queendollza

queendollza Hearters

Thanks a lot for the news.
  17. triciastar92

triciastar92 Hearters

HAHAHA
    DORKY DANCE? WOOOOW
    SOOOO CUTE :grin:
  18. qyunaq

qyunaq Hearters

Looking IU do dorky dance make me happy...
    IU looks really cute and enjoy the skate...
    IU soo Kawaii ne....
  19. narese13

narese13 Hearters

Haha IU seems to be having fun
  20. sandyster

sandyster Hearters

dorky dance?!
    i can't wait to watch this show any longer!!!!