IU and KARA’s Kang Ji Young receive opposite reactions on vocal talent

Discussion in 'News' started by Tetsuya, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Tetsuya

Tetsuya Banned

[​IMG]

KARA’s Kang Ji Young and IU have been receiving divided responses from netizens regarding their vocal talent, especially after appearing back to back on the same music show.

IU recently made her comeback on KBS 2TV’s “Music Bank” with “Good Day” and showed off an impressive three octave pitch. Netizens were unable to contain their amazement, commenting that she had vocal talent that left goosebumps on one’s arms.

On the contrary, KARA’s Kang Ji Young also received attention for her voice cracking and winning #1 on the same show. Straight after the show, Kang Ji Young tweeted, “My voice cracked, aigo, how embarrassing.”

Maybe it’s just us, but a one-time voice cracking incident doesn’t seem to be a big deal, what do you think?

By:VITALSIGN@allkpop
    Source:Daily News via Nate,allkpop
    Note:I do not claim any credit for this article.
  2. 2lhanko22

2lhanko22 New Member

Fans of IU, please go to allkpop.com and support our dear IU in this article. Many rearders are mistakened that our IU does NOT work hard. But they are WRONG. Our IU has TALENT and is a HARD WORKER!! (You'll understand what I'm talking about when you read the comments.)She has been working her butt off to get this far and she will go further!! So dear fans, go support IU on allkpop.com and give those readers a wake up call!!
    IU FIGHTING!! :-D
  3. strawberry

strawberry Hearters

netizen maybe right or wrong nut it 's the fact that last night IU make an impression on may a people àn fans of hers ..SHe is talented..good at high note..IU hwaiting
  4. Mellovicious

Mellovicious Hearters

IU's 3 octave pitch is awesome!!!!!!!!!

it certainly gave me goosebumps~
  5. punggolrulz

punggolrulz Hearters

HER 3 OCTAVE PITCH WAS FREAKING AMAZING!!! IU IS ONE OF THE BEST SINGER IN RECENT TIMES...
  6. PioneerLtTwinkie

PioneerLtTwinkie Hearters

I seriously don't understand why Jiyoung needs to be brought into this. IU is awesome, no doubt about it.
    I'm a Kamilia and Jiyoung is my favorite member. Yes her voice cracked. So what? People make mistakes. Artists have those days when they mess up a bit. So what?
    IU is underrated and definitely needs more love. We Kamilias just so happen to be larger in number and that resulted in Kara's win. Now I know for sure that both Kara AND IU work hard.
    IU deserves more love. But Kara or Jiyoung does not have to be included in this. Shame on whoever is starting bad blood between IU fans and Kamilias. It's never in our nature to get into things like this. Please just forgive those who are starting the bad things regardless of whatever side they are on.
    IU <3
    Kara <3
  7. SHINeeGirl

SHINeeGirl Hearters

I don't see why people are bashing the other girl. I haven't seen her performance nor do I really know her but people shouldn't fuzz over such little things. I mean everyone makes mistakes right? And you try singing and dancing at the same time and keeping your voice steady at the same time.
    Anyway, IU did an amazing job <33
  8. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the people of allkpop, they can have their own opinions. All that matters is that we know she does work hard.
    People aren't perfect and voice cracking just makes them seem more like one of us. Small issue blown out of proportions.
  9. sunmikiwangjang

sunmikiwangjang Hearters

No doubt about it, IU is an amazing singer. I wish they would write articles solely complimenting her instead of dragging someone else in it
  10. DoubleJMan

DoubleJMan Hearters

You just can't deny IU's vocal ability. That 3 octave pitch just proves what she has to offer.
    As a fan of Kara too, I find it lame how these the news had to include Jiyoung... I get how they performed back to back and all, but there's no need to compare. Everyone has there off days where mistakes do happen.
    Oh well, they're both great for such a young age ~ incredible.
  11. nicoleeee3451

nicoleeee3451 Hearters

i dont get why did they have to drag jiyoung into iu is such a talent singer so she shouldnt be compared to others that dont have the same ability as her im not trying to bash
  12. Cremepuff

Cremepuff Hearters

This just shows how much unfair scrutiny celebrities get nowadays, especially from netizens. Or perhaps its the nitpicking media? In any case, I'm glad IU and Jiyoung both have dedicated fans that are able to view them for who they really are, unlike the media trying to force a view just to stir up a good story for profit.
  13. yangpanda

yangpanda Hearters

aigoo.
    i love both.
    people just need to stop compare one singer with the other singer.
    the both is pretty amazing! pretty young! and real pretty!
  14. kimjung

kimjung Hearters

her 3 OCTAVE PITCH is awesome,but jiyoung is good singer too ^^
    but i ilke IU more
    hehehehe
  15. gilmon

gilmon Hearters

der is no need for them to be compared .. the both have great and cute vocals <3
  16. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

Zzz.
    Why are they even comparing?
    Just because they are of the same age?
    Seriously, both have their own talents and both are awesome.
  17. lightorion

lightorion Hearters

i got goosebumps listening to her voice in good day...its just too awesome for netizens to say that she didn't work hard =/

about jiyoung, well she's cute too so her mistake would be forgiven haha!
  18. mmonnn

mmonnn Hearters

love her 3 octaves <3
  19. plipmanzz

plipmanzz Hearters

Tbh she is in a different level of her own. No need to be compared to another person since we all know the truth. She is good.