IU and Big Bang top the charts for pirated goods in April [2011.05.23]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 23, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

According to webboard chart, Big Bang topped the charts in the singer category, with the highest piracy statistics.

According to 'C Story', published by the Korean Copyright Commission, last month, there were altogether 4321 cases of online/offline piracy of Big Bang's "Tonight", "Cafe", and other songs.

In 2nd place was IU (3874 cases), 3rd was SG Wannabe (3366 cases), 4th was CN Blue (2313 cases) and 5th was 4minute (1502 cases).

As for the music category, IU's "Good Day" (848 cases), Mighty Mouse's "Tok Tok" (789 cases), Big Bang's "Tonight" (779 cases).

(*Note: Movie piracy statistics were omitted from this translation. Also, although our anti-piracy project here has come to a close, it's good practice to keep in mind that you should support your favourite artistes by buying their albums!)

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Source: AJ news
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20110523n08052
  2. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

>_________< GRRRR this is annoying, glad i helped out with the campaign! hope IU's next song doesn't have to suffer through this again

i guess if the songs super popular there probably gonna be alot more pirated.. but still T_T IU FIGHTING!

edit: thanks again squishy! lol almost forgot >< my anger is clouding my mind :p
  3. Nyokou

Nyokou Hearters

That's so terrible... I wish people wouldn't do this. It just irks me when I see people even on YouTube asking for download links or giving away download links. It's so disrespectful! And then they have the audacity to act as if I'm the one who's in the wrong. Pft... please...

Poor IU, and Big Bang, and all other artists that have such uncaring fans. :unsure:
  4. bayuputra

bayuputra Hearters

Is it pirated in south korea only? IU's albums are not distributed perfectly. Only some countries sell it. Maybe that make it pirated. But you can look for the positive side, more it pirated, more it known in the world. That's what Bill Gates said.
  5. maralyka

maralyka Hearters

waaaa...piracy is really rampant these days and it's sad that IU is a victim..glad that we did the anti-piracy campaign..even though i did not submit an entry (since..i'm super busy..sorry :() but i do support the advocacy of the campaign..hope that officials will look into this matter
  6. tacticalerror

tacticalerror Hearters

IU on 2nd Place .. LOL^^
    btw , thanks for sharing
  7. ThirteenFour

ThirteenFour Hearters

I was one of those people who realized late how much music is being pirated.. i can only imagine how it is there in South Korea, where the internet is so much faster and the music scene is so much bigger. even in my own country, i only have to look around the house to find all these most likely pirated albums bought by my parents many years ago.

sometimes, they ask me why i buy so many CDs. i can only answer, "Because it's the only true way i can support these people who have given color to my life".

i do realize how much work it takes to produce a song, while i can only imagine how much it takes to prepare an artist for a debut or a comeback.

here's hoping people would really recognize the effort these people put into the music we so enjoy.
  8. busterwolf

busterwolf Hearters

that's mean IU will be more popular and well known to international
    even piracy is illegal , just think from the positive side :)
  9. nimzee

nimzee Hearters

wow people r just so aweful all they want is money
  10. buzzberz

buzzberz Hearters

its kinda funny, i know people on here are moaning about piracy but seriously how many of you guys actually go out an buy the album. i bet you just go download it from some site. having said that .. it just shows how popular IU is
  11. ariel00

ariel00 Hearters

well jst like da post above me.. "i bet you just go download it from some site" << well REALITY check ^_^
    but still come to think of it... dats how famouse she is ^_^
  12. 7gakki

7gakki Hearters

i think IU will be more popular
  13. stormywnd

stormywnd Hearters

Wahahaha, this is a really great news! I love both IU and Big Bang! I couldnt wait for a chance when they work together! :D
  14. wiwi2k

wiwi2k Hearters

its mean that IU is so popular out there :D
  15. wallet

wallet New Member

if they can track how many cases there are, can't they fine those people? anyways, it's a bummer that people pirate...thanks for the translation
  16. chaz22

chaz22 Hearters

I am one of the few that actually buys her albums haha