IU “At my concert, even a 5-level or 15-level high note is possible” [2011.02.20]

Discussion in 'News' started by janeberryblue, Feb 20, 2011.

1. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer IU expressed her anticipation for a solo concert.

On the Feb. 19th broadcast of KBS 2TV’s ‘Entertainment Relay’, IU stated “I really want to hold my own concert” and “Not only a 3-level high note, but even a 5-level or 15-level high note is possible.”

IU’s 3-level high note in ‘Good Day’ became a hot issue. She has made her acting debut through KBS 2TV’s ‘Dream High’ and is currently promoting her new song ‘A Story Only I Didn’t Know.’

Meanwhile, IU will be the opening act for the upcoming Corinne Bailey Rae concert to be held in March.

Translation: janeberryblue @ WeHeartIU.com
    Source: Newsen
    Original Article: http://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201102192211001001
  2. elavip

elavip Hearters

ow my throat hurts hearing that, haha. well, don't kill yourself iu! but iu concert, yes please XD
  3. jinhong1990

jinhong1990 Hearters

15 octave!!??? seriously!!?? oh my... IU... @_@ clap clap, impressive!(aftershock praise) :D
  4. fIUshbones

fIUshbones Hearters

love her dedication to her fans, she really wants to put on a great performance but I don't even think the level of octaves she goes to is a big deal. Good Day is still a great song without the 3 octaves imo but it gets so much attention
  5. superman26

superman26 Hearters

wow~ I dun want her to suffer for the sake of doing 15 octaves..
    is dat possible?? manz... IU.. pls dun make ur concert nw...
    Pls make it when i got enuf to save to go over to Korea to attend your concert~~
    IU jjaang~~ c",)
  6. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

DAEBAK! I WANT TO GO TO HER CONCERT IF THERE IS ONE NOW!!!
    Man, I love it how she puts in her effort for her fans and everyone that love her.
    I love you too IU. <3 ;DDD

Thanks for the translation Jane! :)
  7. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

I am confused...15 level octave? but an octave is 8 notes...but then I never understood the whole 3 level octave thing anyway lol. but it would be great for her to be able to hold her own solo concert~ although it would probably strain her voice lots n__n

thanks for translating!
  8. noriko

noriko Hearters

oh wow, it will be great but please dont hurt yourself jieun ah~ >___<
    and yes do want IU's concert! asia tour concert please ;____;
  9. isayiluviu

isayiluviu Hearters

Fighthing My IU! Please not sorethoat before get step to 15 octaves
    just a 5th level are enough for me
  10. StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy Hearters

oh my...15 octaves...lol...i don't even think that synthesizers can even do that...

well i hope IU prepares well for her solo concert. hope she does covers and medleys and personal songs =)
  11. icallsoft

icallsoft New Member

Peoples, its "15 level high notes" not "15 level octaves"! =O Please get your terminology correct. Im not trying to be harsh here. But for those who doesn't know music theories, 1 octave means 8 notes. Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do. Normal peoples have a vocal range of 2 octaves only. only with special vocal training, you can manage to widen your range. Like opera singers, they can sing 3 octaves. So, If you understand what im saying. 15 octaves means IU can sing all the notes on a grand piano, from the lowest bass to the highest treble. So please get the facts right! =)

But anyway, that's not important. Just anticipate the upcoming concert. Fighting IU! =D
  12. guohao91

guohao91 Donators

Wow! 15 level,that is so high i dun think i can survive that,but she can do it haha
  13. dbsgk95

dbsgk95 Hearters

wow its amazing that she can do 15 level but i just hope she doesnt push herself too hard~ btw 3 level and 5 level isnt that hard if u actually have a go at it lmao the real pain in the ass is holding that note for 13sec lmao
  14. p00pie

p00pie Donators

5 level?? wow... level mean go an octave higher right? omg I love IU but id be worried if she did that, it would put too much strain on her vocal. but umm interesting shes determined even 15 level is possible hahaha I hope she get to have a solo concert too down the line :)
  15. thelordofthelinks

thelordofthelinks Hearters

Friends, it isn't like 3 octave levels in a row as she does in 'Good Day'. But 15 levels she mentions, is about she sing one note and rest, then higher note and rest, then higher note and rest, then so on... (like ha, ha+, ha++, ha+++, ha++++). It doesn't mean she will do 15 levels in a row by take no rest, no breath. :grin:
  16. Kyzuki

Kyzuki Donators

Would love to see her hold her own concert!
    IU doesn't even need to the 3 high notes to impress me, I would love to go regardless.

Thanks for translating this!
  17. sy737ty

sy737ty Hearters

Thanks to thelordofthelinks and icallsoft for the clarification!! :)

We all can start to save money go Korea!!!
  18. crezt

crezt Hearters

if she hold a concert then i will surely come!!
    IU fighting!
    sure you can do it!:D
  19. smileynguyen

smileynguyen Hearters

oh it's awsome
    her vocal is really amazing!
  20. Tofuu

Tofuu Hearters

15!!! that mean that will take up at least 30 seconds of the song :blink: absolutely amazing