IU, ‘Adieu~ Good Day!’… focus on acting [2011.01.13]

Discussion in 'News' started by janeberryblue, Jan 13, 2011.

1. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

This weekend, IU will be official ending her promotions for ‘Good Day’ and will perform the song for the last time on all 3 major music programs, starting with KBS Music Bank on the 14th and ending with SBS Inkigayo on the 16th.

[​IMG]

With the release of her 3rd mini album ‘REAL’ in December of last year, IU received much praise from critics and the public, and her title song ‘Good Day’ placed #1 on the Melon, Dosirak, and Cyworld music charts.

She also went on to solidify her position as top female soloist by placing first for 3 weeks on both KBS Music Bank and SBS Inkigayo, and for 2 weeks on Mnet M Countdown.

IU recently made her debut as an actress on the KBS drama ‘Dream High’ where she’s been receiving positive responses to her role as Pil Sook.

IU’s company LOEN Entertainment stated that “Because the schedules for ‘Good Day’ promotions and ‘Dream High’ were conflicting, for the sake of IU’s health, we have come to this decision,” and “though we wish to show more of her singing, we feel it more important to showcase her in good health, and so we ask for the fans’ understanding.”

For now, IU will be focusing solely on acting for the KBS drama ‘Dream High.’

Translation: janeberryblue @ WeHeartIU.com
    Source: JoyNews24
    Original Article: http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700100&g_serial=543175&rrf=nv
  2. thelordofthelinks

thelordofthelinks Hearters

It's sad, but still she can have more time to have some break, isn't it?
  3. Kyzuki

Kyzuki Donators

Another good decision by LOEN Entertainment! Don't want IU to be working too hard since she still has school as well!
    Thanks for translating!
  4. weheartiu123

weheartiu123 Hearters

It is really sad...We wont see IU perform for a while...I guess one of the reason they stop promoting is because the song not number one. But its for IU health and I hope to see her on stage again soon. :rolleyes:
  5. idiort

idiort Hearters

its sad but its the correct decision... i dun wan iu overworked certainly...
  6. futureone

futureone Hearters

Hopefully since it would be her last times promoting good day for now we might see the "3rd level octave" again! ^^
  7. romantaec

romantaec Hearters

I love the song, but I'm glad she's ending promotions. It's really hard to film a drama and promote at the same time. Don't want her to get exhausted and also strain her voice! >_<
  8. idiort

idiort Hearters

i really hope so man.... for the last few times :(

btw iu will have special romantic stage with jo kwon on inkigayo...
  9. knite

knite New Member

Glad LOEN decided to have IU focus 100% on the drama. Might be only a supporting role but it's a good opportunity for her to get future projects in the future if she decides to pursue acting.
  10. cecelialorene

cecelialorene Hearters

I'm SOOO glad that she will be getting more rest now. But i'm sad its her last perf soon D:
    but since she needs to focus on dream high, it might mean she will be getting more screentime :D
    thanks for translating!<3
  11. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

ahh I'll miss seeing her on music shows...but it's good that he company isn't overworking her~

thanks for translating! <3
  12. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

I love LOEN. (;
    It is a very good company which thinks a lot for their celebrity. (;
    Well, after Dream high we'll be seeing her again on music shows so all hearters, fear not!

Anyway, thanks Jane for the translation! ;D
  13. venonat_101

venonat_101 Hearters

soooo SAD but really happy that she can have more time to rest and focus only in her acting. but again we will miss this girl's promotion. wish to hear her new song soon.

IU FIGHTING!
  14. Gakki

Gakki Hearters

I soo sad. I like her voice.
  15. grrr

grrr Hearters

i wonder if dream high is any good?
  16. iupowwahh

iupowwahh New Member

Although sad it's also a good thing. IU's happy, we're happy, everyone's happy!:)
  17. dolphin6356

dolphin6356 Hearters

I'm glad she getting recognize for her talent. love "Good day"!!!
  18. DvDSony

DvDSony Hearters

i love iu acting! but her singing is better T_T
  19. Hoshi

Hoshi Hearters

so sad! I want to hear her voice more times :(