| INTERVIEW | 2011.01.15 | IU “Acting? It’s new and exciting… I’m having fun”

Discussion in 'Every Sweet Word' started by janeberryblue, Jan 17, 2011.

1. janeberryblue

janeberryblue Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

KBS 2TV ‘Dream High’… “Instead of being greedy, I’m adjusting”

Music, dramas, variety shows, she is everywhere

[​IMG]

Last year, IU achieved instant stardom with her title track ‘Good Day’ from her mini-album ‘Real.’ She is welcoming new challenges for the new year. Through the KBS 2TV miniseries ‘Dream High,’ she has gained acting experience. In the drama, she plays the role of Kim Pil Sook. The character is a ‘diamond in the rough’ whose talent is shadowed by her external appearance. As the story proceeds, it’s a role that will continue to shine brighter. In a recent interview with Sports Korea, IU could not hide her sincere interest in acting.

“Everything is so new and exciting. There are so many things I get to do for the first time, and so it’s a lot of fun. I think it’s more so because the role I play is such a lively character. I too am excited to get to know more about this girl. We have a lot in common.”

With ‘Good Day,’ IU became an instant star, and even under the spotlight, she seems to be well beyond her years and considers herself to be ‘over-hyped.’ Even being cast in drama, she shows no pretension or comfort in the opportunity. When asked what her goals are as an actor, she replies “for the audience to not feel any discomfort while watching.” She also states “when I’m asked such questions, I begin to realize I’m actually acting now” and “since this is my first performance as an actor, and not a singer, instead of being greedy, I’m just trying to adjust to everything.”

‘Dream High’ is a drama about Kirin Arts High School, where students who wish to become singers fight for their dreams and passions. Before her debut in September of 2008, IU spent her days as a trainee, and so she can easily relate to the characters. She often looks back at her past diaries in order to prepare the right emotions for the role. Embodying the nervousness and uncertainty of the day-to-day life of a passionate trainee, IU stands before the camera.

[​IMG]

IU says she really enjoys new challenges. Another source of great joy for her is being cast on the SBS variety show ‘Heroes.’ Thanks to her fellow cast members, from same-age Jiyeon (T-ara) to motherly Noh Sayeon, IU has been able to get over her shyness and now excels on variety shows. To show her gratitude, IU gives it her all for each episode and brings such energy to the program.

It wasn’t enough for her to take over the music scene, and now IU is everywhere in dramas and variety shows as well. We asked what her wishes were for 2011. Without fail, she gave a simple but honest response.

“I hope I don’t get sick and can maintain good health. Just before I began ‘Good Day’ promotions, I became so weak, I was even taken to the emergency room. That’s when I realized. That the moment you lose your health, that’s when you lose everything. There are so many things I want to do, so I can’t afford to get sick. If I could spend the whole year in good health, there’s nothing more I’d ask for.”

Translation: janeberryblue @ WeHeartIU.com
    Source: Sports Korea
    Original Article: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=106&oid=038&aid=0002121120
  2. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

Thank you Jane for translating! :)

she replies “for the audience to not feel any discomfort while watching.”
    HAH. I somewhat agree what she said above. But, I think that her acting in Dream High is good.
    Especially the scene when she tried to starve herself but ended up eating tons of raman. That is so natural.

Omo. IU has to take good care of her health! We don't want her to be taken into the emergency room again. T.T I'm glad LOEN is ending her promotions due to her busy dream high schedule. Work is important but all in all, health comes first.
  3. Lucian1KR

Lucian1KR Uploaders Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that her health was affected to such a degree. From some recent pics you can clearly tell she looks exhausted.
  4. Kyzuki

Kyzuki Donators

I love how she is so modest. Glad that she's trying out new things, can't wait to see more of her in Dream High!
    Thanks for translating!
  5. traumend

traumend Hearters

well, just one important thing. since she'd been starting to enter many field of entertainment world, let's wish for her always in good health...
    I read she'd wraps her Good Day promotion because of health concern...

anyway, I want to watch Dream High so badly yet I can't find the subs version T_T

take care of your health, IU!!!
    IU Jjang~! >.<v

Thank you for the translation~
  6. s2IU

s2IU Hearters

thanks for translating

hope she takes care of her health >< cant wait to see her more in dream high =)
  7. andreas2105

andreas2105 Hearters

Thanks for translating guys..
    I really hope she is taking good care of her own health.. she is so young yet she have a very hectic schedule..
    whatever makes her happy I guess..
  8. pwnerx

pwnerx Hearters

Whaaat, I didn't know she was that exhausted before her promotions began. This girl needs to slow down cause' either way she'll be a success in life.
  9. musjo89

musjo89 Hearters

owh... IU had been sent to emergency room coz of poor health. IU take care of ur health, coz lot of people anticipating a lot of u just don't get sick. We all hope u the best for 2011... Good start for IU.
  10. Akira

Akira Hearters

Thanks for the translations :D
    I think she is quite a good actor so far, she is defiantly growing. I hope to see MUCH more of her in dream high~
  11. mericel

mericel Hearters

Hey yo~ Thanks for the translations. :D
    Yes, acting is cool, but she must go rest or something. It's been affecting her health a great load.
    But but, I hope I get to see her in more dramas in the future. :)
  12. thelordofthelinks

thelordofthelinks Hearters

ํํYeah! That why she is called "Hot Trend" :roll:
  13. Nicasaurus

Nicasaurus Hearters

thanks for the translation ^^!
    :eek: oh no, IU take care of your health Y~Y i hope she gets more rest! :<
  14. soapy

soapy Hearters

Thanks for the translation!
    In my opinion IU is still too young for songs like good day T.T it strains her voice and its bad for her throat too ): well nonetheless I still hope she can enjoy what she is doing and gets more rest! :D
  15. pinkjelly88

pinkjelly88 Hearters

thanks for the translation !
    i love your character too IU !!!
    looking you in that suit looks uncomfortable ... but you still give your best! *0*
    glad she's 'losing weight' slowly hehe
  16. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

ahh she's so busy...but it's good that she's ended promotions now, hopefully her health will remain good since she's still young and she definitely needs the rest >_<;; but it's great that she's receiving so much love~ hehehe

I just caught up on the first 6 eps of Dream High the other day, and although so far her character hasn't needed to display any amazing bits of acting, I have a feeling IU will do really well with the tougher scenes *imagines the Jason-Pilsook misunderstanding scene that is bound to happen sometime later, I know it* ahaha

thank you for translating! <3
  17. freed_misery

freed_misery Hearters

Thanks for translating!

Love her interviews, she always seems pretty honest and her realism and practicality is really touching.

I hope she takes care of herself, her schedule has been busy as this month, let's not do another trip to the emergancy room bb.

Ah~ really have to start watching this show ^^;;;
  18. brameasy

brameasy Hearters

she's got a lot of activity . I hope she got some time off

thanks for translating btw :D
  19. Wishing

Wishing Hearters

20. IUwithme

IUwithme Hearters

thanks for the translated...
    well, IU is too humble...
    i think IU acting is JJANG!
    she looks confident in her acting..
    i just think that she looks natural in dream high..
    just REAL..so i think the viewers will think the same way too.
    and what IU said:That the moment you lose your health, that’s when you lose everything
    these words are really true...
    cause healthy is the best wealth...
    i hope IU will have a strong body...
    just don't get sick...
    and well, she did a great job in her variety show, serously..
    she make me smile and laugh a lot in Heroes...