Immortal Classic 2 press conference, IU and SHINee's Jonghyun full of praise for one another [2011.0

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 16, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

On May 16th, IU and SHINee's Jonghyun both attended the KBS 2TV "Immortal Classic 2" press conference at the KBS annex in Seoul and praised one another's vocal abilities.

In response to a reporter's question about who else she would recommend for the show, IU replied, "Personally, I wish Luna could appear on the show with me since she's a friend of mine whom I have a lot to learn from. It would be fun if we could sing together on the show." She was then asked to choose a male idol, to which she replied,"Honestly, during the interview previously, I recommended SHINee's Jonghyun for the show because personally, I really like his voice. I didn't know SHINee's Jonghyun would be coming today, but he did."

Jonghyun then said, "Honestly, I wish IU wasn't on the show, because she's really good at singing. Clearly she's going to emerge as the winner. IU is also a vocalist I personally like very much. With one less rival on the show with such outstanding abilities, I was thinking to myself that I might have a higher chance of coming in first."

IU also revealed, "Among SHINee's songs, there's one called 'Please, Don't Go'. From listening to that song, I took a liking to Jonghyun's voice," expressing her delight at Jonghyun's participation on the show.

[​IMG]
    (Jonghyun's shy response to IU's high praise)

She also explained the reason why she declined to participate in the show 'I am a Singer' saying, "The seniors on the show are all legends. In 10 or 20 years when I have prepared myself well enough, I would surely want to participate, but currently I don't think I'm good enough yet. Therefore, I decided to participate in this show to learn from the songs of my seniors."

Regarding the show, IU also expressed, "I'm really nervous. I'm glad that I'll probably have the opportunity to get closer to other idols whom I usually just greet in passing," and smiled widely.

Finally, she said, "I feel honoured to be able to sing great songs and perform with other fellow idols. Yet I'm also worried about messing up my seniors' songs. I will work hard in order to not tarnish the image of my seniors."

Other idols who also attended the press conference include Super Junior's Yesung, 2AM's Changmin, Sistar's Hyorin and B2ST's Yoseob. The show will begin its first broadcast on June 4th.

IU-Jonghyun cut (with subs)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNfGpAKh3KI

Longer video clip from the press conference
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFT1xf8m9TM

Translation: squishyblob @ WeHeartIU
    Sources: Newsen, Osen, Sports seoul
  2. phoung

phoung Donators

aww they are so kute praising one another
    too bad he's currently in relationship with someone else
    hope there will be more interactions between iu and yoseob
    im so excited for this show to air
    thank you for translating this
  3. fionac813

fionac813 Hearters

thx for translating!

I'm totally looking forward to this show.

still a month to go.
  4. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

*secretly ships IU and Jonghyun*
    this is such a cute article xD
    thanks for translating~!
  5. BaRbaRa_PiG

BaRbaRa_PiG Hearters

woaahh~~ this is a variety show??
    huaa IU xo cute~ and there's Yoseob~ YEahhh

[​IMG]
  6. dby

dby Hearters

it will be interesting..
    IU is so cute..
    looking forward to watch the show..

thx for translating..
    :D
  7. Block-ster

Block-ster Hearters

Heard so many 'IU' here and there! HAHAH. though im not too sure what they are talking about. ;/
    and... AREN'T THERE SO MUCH I-HYUN MOMENTS THERE? HOHOHOHO. Too bad Jonghyun's has someone else already.
    But oh well, Yoseob is there. Kekeke~
    How happy Yoseob must be. After seeing so many beast members being on the same show with IU (doojoon on ctp and kikwang on inkigayo), finally he got himself in a show tgt with iu too. :D

Thanks for the awesome translation ming! (; /spazzing non-stop. hehehe.
  8. marshmallow3424

marshmallow3424 Hearters

thanks for translating :)
    "Honestly, I wish IU wasn't on the show, because she's really good at singing" <--- omg.. jonghyun, the real honest person lol XD yeay! can't wait for this show~
  9. _min_

_min_ Hearters

IU was a reason for me want to watch this program..
    really cant wait for it and hopefully she manage to win it
  10. tk198

tk198 Moderator Staff Member

hehe IU's turn to show more love to Luna
    and remember, Jonghyun has a girlfriend so there's nothing to be afraid of :p

thanks for translating.
  11. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

IU and Yoseb!~ XD kyaa i can't wait for them to interact!! :D
    LOL everyone has IU winning the show^^ me being one!!
    can't wait~~~~~~~~ for this to start!:)
    thanks for translating!
  12. weheartiu123

weheartiu123 Hearters

I really can't wait for it to aired!!! Thanks for the post and translation!!!
  13. musjo89

musjo89 Hearters

Wow so cute both of them. I wish IU doesn't win to much or else they might be change the participant as their mention about idol who already won three time will replace, and i want to see IU singing more. Hopefully they also include other idol that not even main vocalist so they can make improvement in their singing. Then no one can bash them for not qualify to become singer. BTW go go IU...
  14. ImJongHyun

ImJongHyun Hearters

샤이니 김종현 & 아이유 !!
    나는 그들 둘 다별로 좋아하지 (naneun geudeul dul da byeollo joh-ahaji)
    i like them both very much!!!!! =]

샤이니 김종현 & 아이유 파이팅 !!!! ㅋㅋㅋ

translate : [ SHINee Kim JongHyun and IU , i like them both very much , SHINee Kim JongHyun and IU fighting !!! ]
  15. dhiifa

dhiifa Hearters

IU YOSEOB AND IU JONGHYUN.
    GOSH MY OLD OTPS.

lol yeah, i wish luna would be in it too. gosh, this show would have the best vocalist line-up. IU, hyorin, luna. maybe they could add up raina and sunye in it too XD

i couldn't wait for this show to air. i bet it would be osm
  16. triciastar92

triciastar92 Hearters

They Are Cute Together! ^^ :mellow:
    But, I still want him with KEY :D
  17. ForeverKorean92

ForeverKorean92 Hearters

thanks for translating.. Hope can see this variety show soon ^^.. Cant wait to listen to IU talent and others ^^.. IU hwaiting !!
  18. jessicasantos

jessicasantos Hearters

I prefer 2PM Wooyoung than Shinee Jonghyun .
    But he's also a good singer .
  19. BaRbaRa_PiG

BaRbaRa_PiG Hearters

waaaa~~ i really wait it~~ IU saranghaeee :oops:
  20. pokopoky

pokopoky Hearters

This's another show that SO EXCITED!