[Fan Account] How to get into Inkigayo and my first time seeing IU in person

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by spludgevan, May 30, 2013.

1. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

Hi Uaenas!

Bear with me for this will be a pretty long post and I will try to keep it nice and simple. I went for a business trip to Korea and had an opportunity to take a short R & R over the weekend so I thought I'd try my luck at getting into Inkigayo and to my surprise yes! I made it in! Therefore, right now I feel like I should share my experience to give some of you guys who do not live in Korea a chance to see your favourite celebrity. Before I begin, here's a few things you should know:

1. This is only meant for a foreigner living outside South Korea.
    2. You will need to scan a copy of your passport into a picture file.
    3. My grasp of Korean is basic at best so bear with me if I get any of the facts wrong.

There are two methods of getting into Inkigayo:

(A) One involves buying a performing artist's CD, looking for the fanclub and trying to get a slot in the queue. In IU's case, it's not easy. I spoke to Sky Beans and she/he told me that you need her CD, then you need to be a member of Uaena (her official fan cafe) which ultimately means you have to have some residential address in Korea or something and your Korean has to be good at least to the conversational level. Otherwise you might have to find a translator. This would give you access to the pre-broadcast show and the live-broadcast show. You will be standing along the perimeter of the performing stage and if you are Uaena, you'd be standing between the main stage and the MC stage (very close to IU). You can try getting in via other fanclubs but you need to do a lot of research. Different fan clubs have different criteria to allow entry. I would say first and foremost that language is the greatest barrier.

(B) Register through SBS. This would allow you entry only to the live-broadcast and you will be seated just 10 to 20 meters from the stage. Registration for shows on that week closes on the Wednesday of that week. Results come up on Thursday 3PM KST.

I will be covering (B) in this thread as that was how I got in myself. Of course I did not do this without help. I owe most of it to this blogger I found online: http://musical-bell.blogspot.sg/2011/04/tutorial-to-sbs-inkigayo-sign-up.html. Credit to him/her. Although you can refer to the blog for the steps, the SBS website shown on the blog is a little backdated so I am doing this to keep it up to date.

Joining as a member

Your first step should be to setup you account on the SBS website. To sign up as a foreigner living outside South Korea (and this is important), you must be out of South Korea itself when you perform this step. If you are in Korea, don't fret. Just setup a proxy to your own country and register (I won't cover proxies here. Sorry) but I'd warn you, it's slow.

Go to the website http://gayo.sbs.co.kr/.

On the top of the page click 로그인 (login).

[​IMG]

Next click on 회원가입하기 (Register as a member).

[​IMG]

There will be four blue boxes. Click 국외거주 외국인회원 (Foreigner living outside Korea).

[​IMG]

In case you're curious, the boxes from left to right mean normal member, member under 14 years old, foreigner living in Korea.

You will be brought to a terms and conditions page,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just agree to the first two conditions (you don't have to agree to the last one - I don't know what it is). Then click "Foreigner in overseas". This will bring you to the registration page.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything is in english so fill in everything (including attaching your scanned passport details) and click "Submit". From here, just follow the steps and wait. It takes about a day or two (I think working days) for SBS to approve your ID and they will not inform you. You just simply have to try logging on on your own (at least that was my experience).

Balloting for the ticket

Go to the website again and on the main page click 방청신청 (Apply visit pass)

[​IMG]

Then click 방청신청 (Apply visit pass) again in the next page.

[​IMG]

When prompted login with your credentials.

[​IMG]

From this point, I have no idea why but my browser went haywire with the login and I couldn't login (one suspicion is you might have to do the balloting in Korea - Not sure about that but I will try some other time and update you guys). Anyways it's pretty straightforward from here actually. You can follow the steps in the blog. It's pretty much still the same from this point forth. YOu just have to apply for the date of the show (only one date will be available). Remember that you have to do this before Wednesday of the week you want to attend.

Checking results

It's also quite straightforward here instead of clicking 방청신청 (Apply visit pass) you click 당첨자확인 (Winning confirmation)

[​IMG]

The rest is the same as what is in the blog. If you won, you will be able to print out a copy of the winning form. You have to print this out in order to get in. It entitles you two tickets to the show. Also, remember to bring your passport along for verification. If you don't know Korean at all, I'd advise bringing a friend who does along or find someone on the street over there who know both languages to bring you in (by offering your other ticket perhaps?)

To get to the SBS broadcasting station, take line 9 to Gayang station and exit at Exit 10. Turn left on the exit and walk straight till you see the broadcasting station. There will be a crowd so it will be obvious. The show begins at 3PM and you can usually start queuing by 2:30PM. Sit closer to the MC stage if you wanna take a closer look at IU. Good luck!

Now for my fan account! If I were to sum it up in a sentence, I'd say she took my breath away. It's too bad you can't take photos in the studio and the guards are pretty fierce at that. So I did not pay much attention to the main stage as I was trying to grab her attention the whole time. Alas, she did not look my way. I was fortunate that this show happened to be her 100th anniversary as Inkigayo host. She looked stunning in that white dress. If looks could kill, IU could kill you. Other performances included Lee Hyori, B1A4, VIXX, 4 Minute (winner that day), Nine Muses, Seo In Young, Shinee, Secret, 2PM, Wonderboyz and other acts I'm not too familiar with. Even with all that, nothing satisfies an IU fan more than just seeing her in person so I noted a few things that stuck in my memory:

- Taking her dose of packeted pear juice.
    - Eating crackers while offering them to her co-hosts.
    - Massaging her own shoulders with an empty bottle.
    - Singing and dancing along to Secret's Yoo Hoo (this was really cute ^^)
    - Practicing her lines for the next take.

I will never forget this moment in my life and I am truly blessed and grateful for it. Here's hoping you guys can experience the same thing. =)
  2. ThoroughbredRock

ThoroughbredRock Hearters

Wow great post, this will be so helpful to someone planning a trip. Thankyou for your account...IU practicing her lines for the next take aw that would be mega cute to see:rolleyes:
  3. rukia chan

rukia chan Hearters

omo~~ thank you so much. Your post gave a huge help for us Uaenas who can't read hangul.
    once again THANKS!!!
    Hopefully all of us international uaenas got opportunity to see IU in person.
    Hwaiting everyone!
  4. Apple_aiiyou

Apple_aiiyou Hearters

wow.. your post very helping ^-^
    Thank for sharing :happy:
  5. Apple_aiiyou

Apple_aiiyou Hearters

wow.. your post very helping ^-^
    Thank for sharing :happy:
  6. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

Thanks everyone! Feel free to pm me if you need help somehow
  7. QiQi

QiQi New Member

Omg Im feeling jelly right now. I wanna see IU dancing Secret's Yoohoo :eek: :happy:
    spludgevan likes this.
  8. shinstar18

shinstar18 Hearters

Wow ! ! ^_^ ! you're so lucky ^_^_
    I envy you so much.. i wish i can also experience those of yours someday^_^
    it is such an amazing experience... congratulations tou you ^_~
  9. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

Haha. Thanks. Let's hope someday everyone gets a chance to see her. It's a great feeling. Trust me. She's so beautiful. =)
  10. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

Hi all, as most of you would know, IU has already stepped down as Inkigayo host. However, this would still be useful if you want to get into Inki during her comeback seasons or watch other performers in the future. Good luck to all!
    IloveloveU likes this.
  11. lefthandthought

lefthandthought New Member

Hi, spludgevan ^^! Thanks for the very useful info, I'm going to Seoul for a 1 week trip, this will be my 5th time but I haven't tried going to any music shows. It's a bummer IU's not in Inkigayo anymore but I learned that my other favorite, Girls' Generation, will be on the show next weekend. So I thought this would be the perfect time to finally see the show live. I'm trying to create a SBS account but aft er filling up the form, attaching a copy of my passport & then clicking 'submit' it uploads to 100% BUT the next page looks like this...

Any advice on how I'll approach this? I would love to be able to finally see Inkigayo on my trip to Seoul this time around. Thanks in advance ^^!

[​IMG]
  12. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

@lefthandthought oh dear. It seems like a technical fault due to traffic congestion. The message on the site tells you to try again later. You might have to re-submit the entry at another time. Does not look like you can do anything else other than that. Good luck!
  13. lefthandthought

lefthandthought New Member

Thank so much @spludgevan ^^! I thought maybe the time zones has to do with the traffic so I tried up until this wee hour in the morning but still no luck haha. I'll just try it again tomorrow. I wish IU has some shows or appearances around Seoul this next 2 weeks.

Again thanks! Have a wonderful weekend & Happy Hearts Day!
  14. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

@lefthandthought try it with another computer or another browser. If it still doesn't work, there isn't much you can do.