[FAN ACC] 120124 Eclipse's Japan Showcase fanaccount

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by squishyblob, Jan 25, 2012.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

(Note: Eclipse is a Korean fan who went to Japan to watch the showcase. Uh I did my best to summarise but in the end it was still kinda long...)

Update (difference in talk between 1st and 2nd shows):

About the difference between lyrics of Good Day (Japanese ver.) and the original version
    - "Both songs are similar in that they are filled with sad emotions, but the lyrics in the Korea version is somewhat different from the Japanese version. In the Korean version, as the girl has to break up with him, it's actually a sad day, but ironically, she calls it a good day. In the Japanese version, it's such a perfect day to confess to a loved one, but she spends the day without having the courage to do so, thus it turns out to be a sad story."

About the "oppa" part remaining as "oppa" in the Japanese version
    - IU, "I think this song goes well with the word 'oppa', so... oppa, oppa, oppa. It really does go well with 'oppa'. So we kept that part."
    - MC, "You said 'oppa' three times. The male fans here must all be enjoying it, thinking you're calling them.(hehehe)"

About what IU wants to do in Japan/what she likes
    - IU, "In 2012, I hope that by promoting in Japan, I'll be able to bring joy to many Japanese fans. So I'd like to see their enthusiastic response."
    - "I like Japanese anime, therefore many Japanese fans gave me Ponyo or Madara dolls, for which I'm really greateful. Ah, Madara is a character in the Natsume Yuujinchou manga. I'm not sure if I'll have time for this, but if my schedule allows, I would like to visit the Anime Museum (Ghibli Museum).
    - "Now that I'm 20, I can get my driving licence, so I hope to get that this year. Also, now that I'm 20, after today's concert, there's a staff get-together (Note: As they mostly drink alcohol, IU couldn't join them previously). It's my first time since I became an adult, but since I was underage before this, I couldn't join them at these events. Now I can though? Would there be meat? Sushi? Anyway, I'll surely be eating lots of delicious food.

(At the mention of 'Madara', someone seated in the front row at the right end raised a Madara doll above her head and waved it excitedly.)

MC: "The atmosphere here now is even more high than in the previous show. It seems your wish to see a more enthusiastic crowd has already come true?"
    IU: "Is that so, it has already come true! (Ehehe) Thank you~"

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Sources: Eclipse, nuridol
  2. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

aw :) thanks for translating squishy^^ always appreciated it!
  3. siyingalaxy

siyingalaxy Hearters

Thanks for sharing!:D
  4. phoung

phoung Donators

thank you so much for translating this long fan account
    kinda amazed with the details ahahah
    thanks again
  5. sweetIU

sweetIU Hearters

aww aiyu sang the high notes <3
    big thanks squishy for translating this! <3
  6. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

ohhh frigg i should really really watch this. i'm growing an addiction on IU's live 3 level note XD
    thanks for sharing! i get the feel that yesterday was really really exciting! can't wait for her Japan debut :)
  7. SouLz94

SouLz94 New Member

thks for translating this long fan account!woul love to see her live!
  8. Ovi Murraya

Ovi Murraya Hearters

thanks for translate squishy :)
  9. tamtam

tamtam Hearters

i'm assuming the tickets of the concert were all sold out?

o nvm, ppl were chosen to watch this concert????OMGOSH!
  10. tinyscars

tinyscars Hearters

I'm so happy that her fanmeeting was successful! It's also nice to see that the audience female-to-male ratio was about 2:1!
  11. Alfie

Alfie Donators

Somehow we got a grasp of what went down during the showcase, really thank you for this...thanks for sharing and translating :)
    *All the best IU <3~~
  12. speedyx

speedyx Hearters

Man...this just makes me more anxious to get my hands on any possible videos of the showcase. I find it adorable how she randomly says hakushu. It's one of those things that could turn out really awkward unless your adorable like IU.
  13. _ZH_

_ZH_ Hearters

the queue for purchasing goods went from 5th to 1st floor?whoa~
    haha hakushu!~ she's so adorable~ i believe she did the same thing at mubank in tokyo during her 'You Know' perf too~lol now i know what she said XD
    thanks for translating this,squishy! :)
  14. titamhersih

titamhersih Hearters

Yes, it's hard to describe IU in many words... Because she has ultimate talent, no doubt for that... IU, fighting! Good luck for your Japan debut :wink:
  15. liddleduckie

liddleduckie Hearters

thank you thank you!! :D reading fanaccounts makes me feel like I was actually there. I wonder if the japanese fans thought her pronounciation was good enough? I know that speaking correctly is a big deal
  16. TheAesirsFinest

TheAesirsFinest Hearters

Thanks for sharing! Looks like the response was quite positive. SWEET. The applause at the end of the audio clips were encouraging signs too.

"The queue for purchasing goods went from the 5th floor down to the 1st floor."
    :eek:!
  17. Miel

Miel Hearters

thank you so much squishy for translating.. :D
  18. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

Thank you &___&
  19. strawhatluffy91

strawhatluffy91 Hearters

20. tamtam

tamtam Hearters

thank you so much squishy:D