| DISCUSSION | IU's English

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by ayeen, Jan 25, 2011.

1. ayeen

ayeen Hearters

I was just curious. I mean, her pronunciation in English in her covers are quite good for a Korean. And, I also heard her speak English in Dream High. But, that's her script soo, yea.

Is she fluent in English? I hope she is! If she is, wow. I think I can't imagine how amazed I will be with this girl. :D
  2. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

I doubt she is, her knowledge of English is probably whatever she's learned in school. But thankfully she doesn't have a huge accent~
  3. cecelialorene

cecelialorene Hearters

I think she isn't fluent, but for her covers she tries really hard to get the pronunciation right :]
    In dream high i couldn't understand her first words to jaeson though... XD
    she definitely has the potential to speak very fluently if she tried really hard :D
  4. ayeen

ayeen Hearters

Yea. I hope her agency encourages her to learn English. This way she can capture hearts of other people or fans. Like what U-Kiss are doing. :D
  5. NirU

NirU Hearters

Yup. She's not that fluent in English but her accent is quite well. They're kinda right about the U-KISS "part". If she's fluent in speaking English, she'll have more fans. Anyway, IU have more fans now ^^. Hwaiting IU! :)
  6. ayeen

ayeen Hearters

That's what I meant! If she has a lot of fans now. What more if she can speak English? Anywaay, with or without English she's popular and she's loved by international fans. :) Like me!
  7. jarjay

jarjay Hearters

I believe it's all from listening to others, doubt she'd know what each word mean.
  8. sarahikari

sarahikari Hearters

She better learn how to speak in english. Hope so~
  9. mskpoplove

mskpoplove Hearters

I think she's not fluent with english,
    but her pronunciation is pretty decent though..
    Hope she can practice more,
    in korea you have a certain edge when you are fluent with english
    especially for her as a Kpop star.

love her anyway. =)
  10. jean22s

jean22s Hearters

I don't think she's fluent. I think she just knows how to pronounce English words in the correct way. Not in a Korean way. Im guessing they learn that in their company
  11. tidus3960

tidus3960 Hearters

It's always good to learn English . She can really pronounce well so she should be able to do it .
  12. make it a good day

make it a good day New Member

just saw her on heroes talking in english haha. "emergency, if you push this button, i run to you" haha. and also, i didn't know she knew some japanese
  13. idiort

idiort Hearters

iu english so cute on latest ep of heroes.. she's very awkward...

i guess we know how good her english was.. it wasnt good at all :(

she is probably not used to speaking it :(
  14. jnriceball

jnriceball Hearters

lol...just saw the lastest episode of Heroes..
    her english is cute!~
    I guess singing and talking are two very different things..
    still she tried her best!!~ :wink:
    Oh and also didn't know she knew a bit of Japanese..was surprise when I heard her speak it. ^^
  15. ayeen

ayeen Hearters

Ahh~ Really really? Can you give the link to that episode? I want to see/hear her! :">
  16. Spirae

Spirae Hearters

Here's the link: Heroes: IU&Nicole Cut I was sooooooo surprised to hear her speak japanese..totally wasn't expecting it!
  17. araindrop

araindrop Hearters

I think some of her English covers her English sounds ok, but for some of them I can hardly tell what she's saying, her accent is very noticeable to me and I wouldn't think she was fluent... her accent is very cute though ^^
  18. ayeen

ayeen Hearters

Thanks for the link! :) She's sooo cute. :"> Her Japanese sounds like Korean though.. But, yea. She's understandable anyway. :lol:
  19. StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy Hearters

her pronunciation needs a little work....but it's really good for someone who isn't a native speaker of english. she sings really well in english; better than her speech. i don't think she is fluent in english, but she can probably understand bits and pieces...enough for her to get a basic understanding of what you're trying to say if you were to speak to her in english.

lol at first, i didn't even know she spoke japanese...(because the two languages sound similar to me)...then i read the comments....lol she is so funny in that clip..."If you emergency... click this button... I RUN TO YOU" ahahaha
  20. Bananaaaa

Bananaaaa Graphic Artists Staff Member

i saw her cut on Heroes today where she tried to speak english
    she definitely has an accent, but it's not to a point where you can't understand what she's saying.
    Her accent is actually kinda cute haha

^^^ I loved the "I run to you" part
    LOL such a cutie