| DISCUSSION | Drama You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by phoung, Jan 27, 2013.

1. phoung

phoung Donators

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IU and Jo Jung Suk to lead KBS 2TV drama ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’
    IU and Jo Jung Suk have been confirmed to star in upcoming KBS 2TV weekend drama ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’ where they will play a couple.
    ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’ talks about the trials and tribulations that a mother and her daughter Lee Soon Shin goes through following the death of their husband/father. The mother and daughter duo try to find love and happiness in the aftermath, and will offer messages of healing and hopes through stories that viewers can relate to.
    IU stars as Lee Soon Shin who is a good-for-nothing and a born loser, but she is always able to overcome her impossible circumstances due to her bright and courageous spirit, and will seek to provide courage and hope to the young generation. IU has always greeted the public with a lively and bubbly image, and will seek to present a more mature image to her adoring legion of uncle fans with her new drama.
    With ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’ being IU’s first lead role as an actress in only her second drama, after playing a supporting role in her debut drama ‘Dream High’, IU expressed, “The script was really interesting, and I was greatly attracted to the role of Lee Soon Shin. When I first received the offer, I felt some pressure as this was an important role, but I had a desire to give it a go and felt that I could do a good job with it, so I decided on starring in the drama in the end.”
    IU then talked about her new role, “Lee Soon Shin is a girl who has average looks and luck, and has no special talent at hand. But she is brave and courageous. She knows she is a good-for-nothing, but still hopes to be liked by everyone just like others, and catch the attention of people. Lee Soon Shin has a strong mentality, and regardless of how dire the situation, she always reminds herself to be strong and overcomes the problem. That is her greatest charisma. “
    She added, “I hope that filming can begin quickly, and I will work really hard to learn whatever I need to, and show it to viewers. I am really honored to be able to work with my seniors whom I have always respected. I will work hard to learn everything that I can so that I will not be a burden to them,” and not forgetting to greet her seniors whom she will be working with in the coming months.
    Jo Jung Suk who has acted in a variety of roles, will be playing the role of Shin Jun Ho who is a director of an agency. Shin Jun Ho appears as a confident, arrogant, and cold-hearted man who slowly changes for the better after meeting Lee Soon Shin and understanding the true meaning of success from her. Jo Jung Suk has won much praise from the public through a variety of roles that he had taken in the past, and many will be looking forward to see how he reprises his brand new role.
    Jo Jung Suk came away with the New Actor award at last year’s ‘Blue Dragon Film Awards’, and became the most popular rising star in an instant. His roles as Eun Shi Gyung in ‘The King 2 Hearts’ and Nabddeuckyi in ‘Architecture 101’ were both chosen by Daum website as ‘2012 Best Role’. With such high popularity in the past year, Jo Jung Suk remarked, “It was really a happy 2012 for me, and made me have the thought of having to do even better in 2013. I will work really hard to show everyone an even better side of me.”
    Jo Jung Suk also revealed his high expectations for his new drama, “I am really honored to be the leading man for KBS 2TV new weekend drama. I am also anticipating the collaboration with director Yoon Sung Shik and screenwriter Jung Yoo Kyung. I will do my very best and work happily, so that viewers can have a good time watching it.” Jo Jung Suk also reviewed his new role, “Shin Jun Ho is someone who appears to be intense but yet free-spirit. That appealed greatly to me,” and also revealed that he was honored to be working alongside the ‘Nation’s Little Sister’ IU.
    Both Jo Jung Suk (The King 2 Hearts, Architecture 101) and IU (Dream High) put up impressive performance in their respective dramas. In ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’, the story will revolve around Lee Soon Shin who overcomes dire situations to find success, the problematic entanglement of Lee Soon Shin and Shin Jun Ho, and how they gradually progress to become a couple. Many are now curious as to how love blossoms between Lee Soon Shin and Shin Jun Ho in the drama.
    Director Yoon Sung Shik who showed impressive directing and artistic directions in dramas like ‘Story of a Man’ and ‘Bridal Mask’ will be at the helm of ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’, while screenwriter ‘Jung Yoo Kyung’ whose previous works include ‘In Soon is Pretty’ and ‘Please Marry Me’ will attempt to create a story that people can relate to, and hopefully create a touching national drama together.
    ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin’ will succeed ‘My Daughter Seo Young’ and begin broadcast this March.
    http://sg.entertainm...-092000134.html

Please use this thread to discuss about IU's new drama

viki channel
    http://www.viki.com/...sin-is-the-best

Soompi forum thread
    http://forums.soompi...%88%9C%EC%8B%A0
    Bettkaru likes this.
  2. tinytin

tinytin Hearters

Well..I'm so excited for march! IU and Yoo In na will be reunited again:)
  3. linasinlovee

linasinlovee Hearters

this should be interesting. although i am wondering how in the world out of all three daughters...the director falls in love with the third one? what exactly is the age gap between the two?

bless your heart for translating this~
  4. nanzkee1

nanzkee1 Hearters

the gap between the Lee Soon Shin (IU) and her love interest is 13 years.. :(
  5. bangauterbang

bangauterbang New Member

I really can't wait this drama. I miss to see her act :D :D. I hope this drama is really interesting and get many viewers
  6. Marshmellow IU

Marshmellow IU Hearters

I was just about to post about this! Lol. BUT! AHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR HER!
    It's her first lead role since Dream High and I'm so anxious how she'll portray
    her character. I'm sure she'll surprise us! ^_^

She's finally going to make a comeback in 2012-2013 by acting! YAY! :D
    I'm quite disappointed with her love interest on this drama due to the big
    age difference and because it's not Wooyoung! (just kidding..kind of ^^)
    but Jo Jeong Seok is pretty handsome for someone his age and he says
    such nice things about IU so I'm not too trouble about it anymore hehe.
    And she'll be acting along with one of her close unnies Yoo In Na ^^

[​IMG]

Here's another link that discusses about the upcoming drama as well:
    http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=27442&idxType=News&trendKeyword=You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin
  7. nanzkee1

nanzkee1 Hearters

If you want to have updates about this drama, visit us here: http://www.facebook.com/YTBLSS
  8. phoung

phoung Donators

9. aishiteruaiyu

aishiteruaiyu Hearters

I guess it's kind of weird for her to have a leading man so old. But nonetheless, I'm really excited for IU's new drama + her new album. 2013's really promising me good things to look forward to.
  10. zenithsaturnus

zenithsaturnus Hearters

So excited! can't wait for the drama
  11. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

I need to watch this NOW!! ㅋㅋㅋ
  12. phoung

phoung Donators

13. nathanIS

nathanIS Hearters

i hope there is no kiss scene :angry:
  14. CorneliusKaysar

CorneliusKaysar Hearters

I've seen the preview pictures! And one of them is IU's cry scene.. and it's so cool! I think she has a talent for it! IU fighting! :D
  15. spludgevan

spludgevan Donators

does anyone have any info on where this will stream live?
  16. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

17. phoung

phoung Donators

i've watched the teaser so many time now ekek cant wait for it <3
  18. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

I just wanted to add this because this is probably an important side note about the drama but
    IU's name in the drama 'Lee Soonshin' is the same as the most famous Korean naval commander 'Lee Soonshin'. (Yi Sunshin)
    So in the teaser when the people in the beginning laughed at her it was because of that
    (you could say it's a really unusual name and it's even weirder because it's supposed to be a guy's name)
    and at the end when that guy was calling her '100 won' it's because the actual Lee Soonshin is on the opposite side of the 100 won coin.
    :)
  19. phoung

phoung Donators

20. sabilovejieun

sabilovejieun Hearters

phoung Thank you so so so much for all the updates about this drama :) I'm so excited, I can't wait. oh and I don't know if you have seen this article about the drama, I think Jo jung suk is talking about IU but I'm not sure. http://news.nate.com/view/20130225n06013?mid=e0103