Details of IU's new single album, "Spring of a Twenty Year Old"

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 8, 2012.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]
    (USD 20.99 with poster, USD 10.99 without)

[​IMG]

Tracklist

1. 복숭아 Peach
    2. 하루 끝 Every End of the Day (Title song)
    3. 그 애 참 싫다 I Really Don't Like Her

The short music film, 'Spring of a Twenty Year Old', will be released together with the single album on May 11th @ 00:00. The CD itself will be released a bit later, click the image at the top to preorder.

It currently says on Melon that 'Peach' is the the title song because not all 3 songs are released yet. "Every End of the Day" is the title song and there will be an MV for it.

Credit: weheartiu
    Source: Melon, LOEN, Bongsamee's twitter

'Spring of a Twenty Year Old' single album introduction

As IU celebrates her twentieth spring, she is returning to her fans with a love song filled with the fragrance of spring.

On May 11th, IU released her self-composed song "Peach", prior to the release of her new album [Spring of a Twenty Year Old]. "Peach" is her third self-composed song and has a lovely feeling completely different from the dark sounds revealing deep internal emotions in her previous songs, including "Hold my hand" and "A lost puppy". Acoustic sounds express the excitement of falling in love, portraying IU's fresh and girly emotions.

The song was named "Peach" after IU's favorite fruit and word -- a nickname she wants to give her lover to deliver to him the feeling she gets when pronouncing the word. The lyrics, portraying the feelings of affection just from looking at one's lover, combined with the calm yet sweet melody, get us excited by giving us the impression that IU is confessing her love to us. The recorder and triangle sounds, performed by IU herself, add to the girly sentiments of the song. The month of May is the time to indulge in IU's loveliness as she makes her comeback with a new single and the short music film "Spring of a Twenty Year Old".

Editing: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: LOEN

'Every End of the Day' Teaser - yt video description

IU has returned to her fans along with spring.

With her new album, she is presenting refreshing music to her fans for their continuous love and support, after a busy schedule of her last year's album [LAST FANTASY] in which she revealed her skills as a sing a song writer, her successful debut in Japan, and news about her first national tour, showing her confidence as a solo female artist.

The title song "Every End of the Day" of [Spring of a twenty year old] was jointly composed by composers Park Geun-Tae and Kim Do-Hoon, with the lyrics by Kim Ee-Na. IU shows off her bright vocals much loved by fans in the lively up-tempo song in the style of a disco, resembling old pop music. As it depicts a girl who is deeply in love hoping that the man will notice and take the first step, "Every End of the Day" features an impressive sound by the string instruments of a spectacular scale with IU's bright and clean vocals, giving out a good feeling of excitement.

Source: LOEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJUSvThkzlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-Wunjuqa4
  2. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

Ah~ Thanks for translating squishy~ we'll all be waiting for everything. Also appreciate that you're updating the details on everything!
  3. shalala1234

shalala1234 Hearters

Good thing yesasia purchase will count through hanteo chart , will order tonight
  4. abcfsk

abcfsk Hearters

Any details on credits? Guess not, but sometimes digital stores provide that sort of info.
  5. aiyooaiyoo

aiyooaiyoo Donators

Thank you Squishy! I wonder what the character of the final song is, has she ever had a song with an "angry" title before? Can't guess the content without hearing it, I guess, there is always the possibility is in the feeling of "I hate you for making me love you so much I feel helpless".

Everyone who is able to afford it, please buy IU's album to support her! I have ordered mine :D
  6. wing307

wing307 Donators

thank for translation squishy !! So they are " End of the day , Peach Really hate you"
  7. La6ifa

La6ifa Hearters

ThanQ for the translation ^^°
  8. reilsm

reilsm Hearters

can't wait!~ thankyou for translating Squishy! I've ordered mine as well :D
  9. vampireiu

vampireiu Donators

Arigato squishy-san... kekekekeke, I've preordered mine too with the poster... I wonder what poster it is to cost USD10...kekeke, I would also want to know want thing, does the movie clip come along with the album or is it only available online?
  10. jieunism7

jieunism7 Hearters

Oohh so Peach is the title song.
    I wonder which song is in the mv?
    Can't wait kyaaa~
  11. boksungah

boksungah Uploaders Staff Member

Thank you! So Peach really is the title song, glad to have that completely cleared up. I can't wait to hear the other two songs! I feel like the last one will probably be more on the sad side than angry, as it sounds like, but who knows~ I pre-ordered mine a couple of days ago, I'm excited for when I'll actually have it!
  12. IU.Hwaiting

IU.Hwaiting Hearters

Awesome! can't wait for the release, I will surely be getting my hands on an album! Can't wait for the mv release, LOEN always makes the best mvs for IU.
    Thanks for translating!
  13. Cutiegail

Cutiegail Hearters

Thank you for the updates, Squishyblob! :)
    Really can't wait for IU's new single on May 11th. *wink*

Hwaiting!
  14. bonbon

bonbon Hearters

Wow! I just came home from uni and found this~ best surprise ever! ^^

Thanks for translating =D
  15. davidleehk

davidleehk Hearters

The 3rd song name is really attracted me, I hope it's emotional song.

Thanks for tl.
  16. suu777

suu777 New Member

thank you for the translation,can't wait to hear the new songs
  17. _ZH_

_ZH_ Hearters

i want it...but..my parents..-sighs- T.T
  18. seoulologyy

seoulologyy Hearters

Appreciate the translation and am excited for this! I now anticipate a full length return. ^______________^
  19. Stratos

Stratos Hearters

Thanks for bringing us the news :)
  20. titamhersih

titamhersih Hearters

Well, I kinda confuse now. They said Peach wasn't the title song and the true title song will be out on May 11th. But, why in this detail Peach is the title song?
    But anyway, I really can't wait to hear the full album :)