Can IU do a whistle note?

Discussion in 'All About IU' started by ThoroughbredRock, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ThoroughbredRock

ThoroughbredRock Hearters

I've only just found out the name of it ;) But I was wondering if she could do it...if you're wondering it's like what Mariah Carey does at the end of her songs. This came to mind because a hearter wanted IU to sing the song Hero.

Type into youtube...whistle register or whistle note and there are many examples
  2. Cutiegail

Cutiegail Hearters

Oh, I've heard it in many songs of Mariah Carey. This kind of style is captivating and I had only knew today that it's called Whistle Note. :) Thanks for sharing your idea to us. ^^

Btw, I don't know if IU can do that, because I haven't heard her do it since MIA days. But who knows? Maybe this thing as whistle note is one of IU's talent that she kept hidden for many years (to her fans). :)

I also want to hear her give some shot at delivering a whistle note. Hwaiting for that. ^^

Thanks, by the way! ;)
  3. ThoroughbredRock

ThoroughbredRock Hearters

Hey Cutiegail, thankyou for your nice post :) Me too I had no idea there was a name for it, for years I just called that note the "Mariah Carey Thing" I have heard people name it ''calling to dolphins'' lol

IU has many high levels in pitch she should be able to do it .If someone in her company sees this then might say to her... the Hearters want you to pull off a whistle note ;)