'Boyfriend' Minwoo, "IU is so much prettier in person." [2011.07.01]

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jul 1, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

'Boyfriend''s maknae, Minwoo, made a special confession about his impression of IU in a recent interview.

Before debuting in 'Boyfriend', Minwoo appeared on K. Will's music video for "Can't Open up My Lips", playing the role of a young boy with a crush on IU and became the #1 search term on search engines.

When asked about his experience acting alongside IU, Minwoo nervously confessed, "IU is so much prettier in person."

He also revealed, "IU is a sunbae I like and have always admired" and "although my role was just of someone with a crush on her, I'm really glad to even have the chance to work next to her."

At that time, they spent a whole 12 hours filming the video. To cheer everyone up and also to show her support for Minwoo who would soon debut as part of 'Boyfriend', IU presented him with a surprise by singing for him during their break time.

Minwoo expressed, "When IU sang for me during our break time, she sang really well" and "during the long filming hours, even I myself found it tiring, but IU left me with a deep impression with how considerate she is for others."

[​IMG]

(*Note: The rest of the article irrelevant to IU was omitted from this translation.)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Seoul NTN
    Original article: http://news.nate.com/view/20110701n18550
  2. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

I'm shipping this pair LOLLOLLOL :)
  3. _ryeo

_ryeo Hearters

never thought about the possibility of them but since minwoo is handsome, maybe ill start shipping them too. lol XD

and that was so considerate of IU. i too would get strength if she singing for me
  4. superman26

superman26 Hearters

Thanks minggy for the translation~ ahhh~ i was wondering who was Minwoo~ thanks..
    Awesome~ IU is alwayz very very very nice~~ c",)
  5. MyLilTofu

MyLilTofu Hearters

awww IU's so sweet =D
    oh wow even though Minwoo doesn't have a large role it took 12 hours to flim? o.o
  6. khema wijaya

khema wijaya Hearters

MinWoo is totally right :grin: IU always being nice to everyone :grin:
    anyway.. MinWoo confession is really sweet >..< i wanna watch "Can't Open up My Lips" >,<
  7. phoung

phoung Donators

his confession is kute
    eheheh iu is so nice singing for him during break
    thanks for translating
  8. desirecstacy

desirecstacy Donators

but minwoo's soooo young. why are you guys shipping them. he ain't even legal yet.

just saying.
  9. Laraelia

Laraelia Hearters

IU is the most beautiful,sweetest and funniest girl.she is beautiful inside and out, whos natural beauty shines.so much fun to be around always with a smile on her face.. all the boys secretly love her and all the girls secretly want to be her..she [very] smart.Has an incredibly angelic voice.She has a tremendous capacity for love,and is loved back just the same.Many people admire her,and love her for who she is.She may not realize how amazing of a person she is,but to others,she is the best.And she is loved..^^
  10. cuchuoi

cuchuoi Hearters

"When IU sang for me during our break time, she sang really well"!!!!
    OMG! I swear Minwoo stared at IU, and make some baby's emotion or pierce look with eyes hawk like YHY!
  11. cuchuoi

cuchuoi Hearters

You just tell about 1/100 of IU! :D
  12. Laraelia

Laraelia Hearters

agreed!!..well there is no one word to describe her… :)
  13. sweetIU

sweetIU Hearters

That's so true!!
    IU is always so nice to everyone ^^
  14. k3lv

k3lv Hearters

awww....another pair :p still love wooyoung pairing with IU :p
  15. Nurul Sakinah

Nurul Sakinah Hearters

"She's nice w/ everyone & more prettier in person"

Of course she is! >.< thanks for translating this anyway XD
  16. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

awww this is like the first time IU becomes fanboy-ed by an idol younger than her XD
    minwoo is really cute to say that lol
    thanks for sharing <3 hope to see more iu-minwoo interactions in the future ^-^
  17. jmillyu

jmillyu Moderator Staff Member

AWWW *faints due to the cuteness of it all* thats so adorable! XD its weird since minwoo is only 15, IU is like 4 years older than him :eek: SO WEIRD
    and really every day i just fall more in love with this girl, just too many things make me happy to be her fan ^^ thanks squishy!!!
  18. starmint

starmint Graphic Artists Staff Member

d'awwwww there is something oddly cute about this :D maybe there'll be some Boyfriend/IU interactions sometime ehehehehe.

thank you for translating squishy~!
  19. justisland

justisland Hearters

Kyaaaa! hahaha. :))
    I KNEW IT! He really likes IU, LOL. :p
    I'll prolly ship this couple too.
    They're soooo adorable, and IU singing for him made him "fanboying" on her even more. :p

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING! :DD
  20. t68kv

t68kv Hearters

any man will have the same statement when they saw IU!