[131220] IU's repackaged 3rd album title song MV making story

Discussion in 'Every Sweet Word' started by -Hope, Dec 20, 2013.

1. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

Story | IU MV behind the scenes

Story | IU Music Video behind the scenes
    [​IMG]
    Naver music members, hello! This is IU. I'm so happy that I'm able to greet you guys through my 3rd full repackaged album [Modern Times - Epilogue] after having a short promotion for 'Red Shoes'. We shot the music video for the title song 'See you on Friday' on a extremely cold and very snowy day, but like the feeling of the song, I was feeling excited for an unknown reason before shooting at a warm set.
    [​IMG]
    For this music video, we did a one-take shot, filming it without a single cut. Since we had to film in a limited amount of space without any NGs, we made sure that we knew where we were supposed to be at all times, so the rehearsal was longer than the actual filming time. However, I don't know if it's because I was with Hwang Sooah director and many other people, but I was able to have fun the entire time, even while we were waiting.
    [​IMG]
    The first cast member that I'm going to introduce will be Jang Yijung. He added his sweet voice into my title song 'See you on Friday'. He's my friend who's also from Loen. I remember being surprised by his nice voice when we met up for the first time to record the song.
    [​IMG]
    Next is Jang Giyong, who was with me since the MV for 'Red Shoes'! From his handsome face to his nice manners, I was able to get a lot of help from him on the set. Since it was our second time filming together, we were able to work very well. It also felt like we were continuing the story from 'Red Shoes'. Honestly speaking, I was having a hard time due to Pretty Man since it was a one sided love, so I was glad that our love was quickly achieved in this MV.
    [​IMG]
    And my friends from our company made a special appearance! I was so touched that Yoon Hyunsang, Jang Hyun, and my manager was featured in the video! Even though they suffered filming out in the cold, their scene might be really short... Everyone, you have to keep an eye out for their scene!
    [​IMG]
    On the set, they lit up a lot of scented candles, and there were some that smelled so good that I wanted to keep them. Also, there were a lot of coffee makers so there were many different scents in the set. I knew that people could get comforted by singing and listening to music but it was really cool to see that people could get comforted through scent.
    [​IMG]
    Since I composed and wrote the title song 'See you on Friday', it has a deeper meaning. I wanted to show the complicated feelings that a boy and a girl would feel right at the start of their relationship through this song. It's actually been a while since I showed a bit of this song to my fans but I thought it matched nicely with this season. I hope you'll be able to enjoy the unique feeling of winter through this song. Everyone, 'See you on Friday'!

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
    Source: Naver
    Jemarie_02, melody, .peachyIU and 4 others like this.
  2. melody

melody Hearters

thanks for sharing....
    i really like "Friday" Mv....it really make my day>^^<
    Jemarie_02 likes this.
  3. eLLimahc

eLLimahc New Member

I just LOVE how the MV was made! Gotta be one of my favourites from her ^-^
    Jemarie_02 and kim_rama like this.
  4. iufantasy

iufantasy New Member

IU is sooo cute !!
    Jemarie_02 likes this.
  5. jieunni

jieunni Hearters

I really love Friday. It makes me calm. ♥
    kim_rama and Jemarie_02 like this.
  6. hwangtaerin

hwangtaerin Hearters

so cute XD

here link video with eng sub
    Jemarie_02 likes this.
  7. chopachups

chopachups New Member

I liked the theme. And of course our main star :headphones::happy:
    Jemarie_02 and kim_rama like this.
  8. kim_rama

kim_rama New Member

Until now I can't stop listening to this songs. Also the MV, i keep replaying and replaying it a number of times in a day. :)
    Jemarie_02 likes this.
  9. Timb Chua

Timb Chua New Member

IU so lovely. :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

[​IMG]