[130923] IU's new songs, 'Relationship of the 2nd - Bad Day' what's the meaning?

Discussion in 'News' started by -Hope, Sep 23, 2013.

1. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]
    IU, who sang 'Good Day', 3rd album includes 'Bad Day', etc. majority of the songs with dark aura.

After revealing the track list for her 3rd album, questionable song titles are gaining interests.

On the 23rd Loen Entertainment had released the track list for her 3rd album as well as the teaser video for the song 'Between the lips (50cm)'.

The album was filled with a total of 13 songs: Relationship of the 2nd, Everyone has a secret, Between the lips (50cm), Red Shoes, Modern Times, Bad Day, Obliviate, Child, walk with me, Havana, Depression Clock, Day Dream, Wait, and a bonus track, Voice Mail.

Among these songs, the majority of them had a title that gave off a dark atmosphere: 'Second's Relationship', 'Everyone has a secret', 'Bad Day', 'Obliviate', and 'Depression Clock'. 'Obliviate' was a spell from the novel 'Harry Potter' which could erase all of the bad memories in a person, thus leaving only the good memories. 'Second's Relationship' and 'Bad Day' are songs that IU had composed herself.

[​IMG]

Through the teaser video of 'Between the lips (50cm)', people were able to see the change in IU's aura.

In the video, IU had shedded her cute image and became more adult-like. It gave off an oddly sexy feeling with the close up of IU's lips, neck and back. During the video, IU was seen with a blank expression, not even smiling once.

People started to question if IU's music had become darker. However IU had responded that "that was not the case". Her company had revealed, "Although we are planning to show her maturity in music through this album, there are still some bright songs. (The dark feeling) is probably because the first song that was revealed had that kind of feeling. Also, we had fun while throwing new ideas around when we were creating the titles for the song, there aren't any special meanings behind them.

[​IMG]

After revealing the teaser for 'Between the lips', she is planning to reveal a total of 7 teaser videos. Along with her adult-like image, she is planning to show a bright, dreamy like image as well as various other images.

On the other hand, IU will reveal her 3rd full album 'Modern Times' on October 7th and is planning to hold a showcase before the release.

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
    Source: Xportnews
  2. jieunism7

jieunism7 Hearters

I can't waiiittt!!! just reading the song titles already makes them sound cool *-* Can't wait to hear her self composed songs and the musical arrangement of 'Bad Day'!
    Aaahhh I'm soo exciteddd!!!
    Thanks~
    KLaiNerBaO and IUnitY like this.
  3. IloveloveU

IloveloveU Hearters

IU showcase! I hope we can stream it!
    Thank you for translating again!
    IUnitY likes this.
  4. alyssa mei

alyssa mei Hearters

OMGosh!! Love it! No matter dark or bright, I can see IU's progress in making her own music.
    She is not just a singer, but a musician, talented actress, everything!
    So proud of her!
    Everyone's gonna grow up at one point. For IU, it's now. Through her upcoming 3rd album, I can see that IU's constantly challenging herself, trying different music genres (which I totally love this time! Jazzy and soulful), proving to everyone she's not that 'nation's little sister' anymore.
    She's blossoming into a beautiful lady.
    I'm gonna cry. wuwuwu.. So happy for IU! :angelic:
    IUnitY likes this.
  5. shinstar18

shinstar18 Hearters

waaaah ! can't wait for the new songs... :wacky::wacky:
    i love her new look .. haha,, she looks like a Barbie..^________~
    IUnitY likes this.
  6. `IU ♥ Last Fantasy ♥

`IU ♥ Last Fantasy ♥ Hearters

Wow 7 teasers? Man I'm gonna be teased like mad
    IUnitY likes this.
  7. Love^Jieun^

Love^Jieun^ Hearters

i'll buy this album for sure :happy:...iu sexy voice,Daaayyummm
    IUnitY likes this.
  8. fyeahleejieun

fyeahleejieun Hearters

waw! really cant wait;;;;;
    IUnitY likes this.
  9. cristina

cristina Hearters

what 7 teaser videos.... woottt im gonna died LOL
    and the showcase.... cant wait!!
    thanks for translating <3
    IUnitY likes this.
  10. IzuzatsU

IzuzatsU Hearters

How can IU-nim spreading dark aura?
    She's an open and happy-go-lucky personality type...
    No matter what, IU always make my day. ^^
    <3 IU Forever!!
    IUnitY likes this.
  11. IUaddiction

IUaddiction Hearters

I really can't wait for this album :)
    IUnitY likes this.
  12. babypanda

babypanda Hearters

ohmaigosh !! can't wait for the music video >< really must buy the album kyaaaaa~
    IUnitY likes this.
  13. IUnitY

IUnitY Hearters

Me too. Where we can buy her album? do you know how we can buy her album through online? u from INA too?
  14. babypanda

babypanda Hearters

i think in YesAsia is the easiest way but I never try it .-. i always buy korean album here >> @happydayshop (twitter) believeable ;) yaaap I'm from indonesia too kekekeke
    IUnitY likes this.
  15. IUnitY

IUnitY Hearters

[​IMG] Thank you babypanda for the info.. *following @happydayshop in twitter right away... [​IMG]
  16. babypanda

babypanda Hearters

You're welcome IUnitY ;) have a nice day ~
    IUnitY likes this.
  17. Jesús Bañuelos

Jesús Bañuelos New Member

OMFG! ;W; I'm shawol and also Uaena! OMG so exited about collab with Jonghyun of SHINee <3 *ugly sobbing* (':
    Cutiegail and lalalalala like this.
  18. Cutiegail

Cutiegail Hearters

Omo. I'm also excited for IU's comeback. :) The title of her songs in the album are really anticipating, I got intrigued just by the title of her songs. :)

IU hwaiting!
  19. uhearti

uhearti New Member

If we can't buy the album online, how long will it take for the album to be available in store?
  20. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

That will depend very much on what country you are in. In Korea it will obviously be available in stores on the release date. In most Asian countries where kpop is popular I imagine it'll available within a week. The best plan is to ask directly whichever store you normally get your kpop CDs from when/if they expect to have it in stock.