[130819] IU 'I don't use twitter anymore', apologizes to Geeks

Discussion in 'News' started by -Hope, Aug 20, 2013.

1. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer IU apologized to the hip hop due Geeks.

On the 17th at Seoul Kwangjingoo Uniqlo A/X Hall, IU attended Geek's first solo concert, 'Lights On', as a guest.

On that day, seeing that IU's guest appearance was kept as a secret, the audience cheered enthusiastically when IU suddenly appeared. Instead of wearing her usual ladylike dress, she wore a hat and a t-shirt in order to fit the hip hop mood and sang Geek's hit song 'Officially Missing You'.

When IU had appeared, Geeks revealed, "It's an honor to meet her. I'm so nervous that I can't say anything." While IU replied, "I'm so thankful that you guys speak so highly of me. I saw that you sent me tweets on twitter."

Right then Geeks laughingly replied, "Even though you are aware that we sent you tweets you didn't reply back to us. We deleted those tweets now." Which IU responded saying, "It's because I'm not using twitter these days."

Geeks had sent a love call to IU saying "I hope one day we'll be able to work with IU." Last April, Geeks had posted online a picture they had taken with IU in the waiting room, writing 'Dreams come true' as the caption.

On that day, other artists such as Jo Hyunah, Ailee, Phantom, Park Soomin had attended Geek's first solo concert as guests.

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
    Source: Donga
    zocika likes this.
  2. Alfie

Alfie Donators

Thanks for the TRANS -hope :)
  3. rabytofu11

rabytofu11 Hearters

Thanks for the translation! :)
  4. jieunism7

jieunism7 Hearters

I guess IU won't be using Twitter anymore T_T but she did say she looks at the tweets... Maybe she secretly checks her tweets sometimes XD
    Thanks ~
  5. IloveloveU

IloveloveU Hearters

I am still hoping she'll use Twitter again. Please come back. I'll wait.
  6. rukia chan

rukia chan Hearters

so happy with audience response during IU performance! Fans cheering like an Army at army base.
  7. iEunUaena

iEunUaena Hearters

Aww.. I'm guessing its due to the amount of outrage the scandal made..... Will still wait for her to come back to Twitter someday :)
  8. shinstar18

shinstar18 Hearters

so sad,,, she's not using twitter anymore~~
  9. melody

melody Hearters

can't wait for her comeback
  10. just iu

just iu Hearters

i also don't use twitter anymore cause i only used it to follow IU...seriously!
  11. Ayame-chan

Ayame-chan Hearters

Hopefully this means that she secretly checks tweets? Haha, or at least I hope so.
  12. ArniantiS_27

ArniantiS_27 Hearters

No wonder. Her Last tweet was on 2012 ;(
  13. sapphireblue116

sapphireblue116 Hearters

Wow! Thanks for the translation!! This is great in a way! She checks the tweets! Hopefully she saw all the support tweets people sent her!!
  14. kangravi

kangravi Hearters

i miss her tweet so bad...but the good news is she check the tweets sometime
  15. jieunni

jieunni Hearters

ohhh. so that's why. :((
  16. faeritaaf

faeritaaf Hearters

but finally, she has an instagram acc now XD