[120604] IU invites taxi driver "Keeps a year old promise"

Discussion in 'News' started by -Hope, Jun 3, 2012.

1. -Hope

-Hope Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer IU keeps the year old promise that she made with a taxi driver.

On the 3rd, Im Leetaek, who is better known as IU taxi driver, stated "I went to IU's concert yesterday. It was amazing. It was the first concert that I ever went to. I went with my kids" through his twitter.

He added, "I wanted to express my thanks to IU but the worker didn't know if he was allowed let me in... So I just watched the concert and came home. Thank you so much.. Thank you.. When you were singing 'Nagging' I wanted to get up and sing but I didn't. I didn't want to look pitiful just singing by myself. Hope you keep on having fun concerts. I'll pray that your concerts will keep on being a big hit. Thank you thank you IU."

Through SBS Dalgona, Im Leetaek revealed on June last year that, "He asked her to sing IU and Im Seulong's 'Nagging' with him in his taxi without knowing that it was actually IU. Later, he finally realized it was her."

On that same day IU had stated, "When I have my first concert I'll give the taxi driver and his family front row seats."

Source: Economy Today and Im Leetaek's twitter
  2. phoung

phoung Donators

IU keeping her promise to Taxi driver
    such a sweetheart and he got the front row seats with his family? lucky
    thanks for translating
  3. irishchastine

irishchastine Hearters

He and his family are so lucky, they've got the front seat while I'm here waiting online videos to come out.. *teary-eyed* Thank you very much! :)
  4. liddleduckie

liddleduckie Hearters

aww she kept her promise :) she's always done that.
  5. bonbon

bonbon Hearters

Aww IU is just too sweet~ hehe IU daebak!!! ^^

Thanks for sharing :lol:
  6. wing307

wing307 Donators

IU is too kind and know how to keep her old promise! IU this is another reason I Love You
  7. Cutiegail

Cutiegail Hearters

Aww. IU is so kind and sweet. Her taxi driver is very thankful of her and this is the first concert that he went to. So sweet. ^^
    I admire IU, she knows how to keep her promise. :) The taxi driver is very lucky and happy. ^^

Such a nice news. It made me smile. ^^
  8. FairyBoo

FairyBoo Hearters

IU is so kind.. knows how to keep her promise! The taxi driver is very lucky~
    Thanks for sharing.
  9. dc4uxp

dc4uxp Hearters

she's a woman of her word :D
  10. vampireiu

vampireiu Donators

ohoho... good little IU is kind and do not forget her promise despite her busy preps for the concert !! This shows IU really has heart for her fans and friends and is really singing from her heart to dedicate those songs to her beloved fans !!! Love IU Forever !!! Yay !! Lucky taxi driver too... front row seats FREE !!!
  11. i woomira

i woomira Hearters

thank you for translation hope :)
    that is so nice and sweet and the way he is fan of her it's so cute.
  12. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

aw that's really nice of IU to offer them front row seats :D haha so cute~ Thanks for translating hope~
  13. ayeh

ayeh Hearters

woah! she is very kind! never forget her promise! IU fighting! i'll always supporting you! :D
  14. yanzan92

yanzan92 Hearters

promise is a promise >__<
    that's our humble IU, so down-to-earth
    let's make her an excellent example for people around us
    thanks for sharing Hope!!
    IU Hwaiting!!
  15. jieunism7

jieunism7 Hearters

This is such a touching story :') Even after a year and despite being famous she never forgot her promise for
    him. She is such a nice person, too kind. One of the many reasons why I love IU so much T-T
    Thank you~
  16. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

d'awww i was wondering whether she'll keep her promise or not aaaand she did! :D
    proud of her for not forgetting the taxi driver. the taxi driver's now a legit diehard fan lol
  17. IU~KYAA

IU~KYAA Donators

oO if i'm not wrong seulong wasn't present right? so why didnt he sing along with iu? keke
  18. owencz_indonesia

owencz_indonesia Hearters

IU is very kindhearted, she even remember the promise that she made with a taxi driver , that proofs IU is different from another singers and artists.. Keep fighting IU!! you are my forever idol <3
  19. just iu

just iu Hearters

the show Dalgona was broadcasted a year ago but i remember vividly IU rode in his taxi much earlier. He's a taxi driver and radio host/reporter of sort at the same time. IU took a cab to her appointment and as fate have it she flagged the taxi driven by this ahjussi who happened to be on air for his radio slot. IU gamely sang a duet with him and greeted his radio listeners.
  20. cool_bud

cool_bud Donators

thank you for sharing.. :)
    angelic IU.. she still remember the promise she made a year ago.. i felt deeply touched by what she does.. well done IU.. you really and always make us feel very proud of you.. thank you.. :)