[120508] IU's tiny hands complex... and her taste in pyjamas and underwear?

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, May 8, 2012.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

IU's second movie clip for her 'Spring of a Twenty Year Old' MV was released yesterday on May 7th, through LOEN's official youtube channel, showing an interview with IU in which she voiced her distress regarding her tiny hands.

While showing a part of the 'You and I' choreography, IU expressed, "(Since my hands are tiny, when I do the choreography), even if I stretch out my hands all the way in front of me, my face looks larger than my hands. When people see it, they go, 'Her face looks really large.'"

In this movie clip, IU also revealed her extremely girlish preferences. She said, "Be it diaries, pyjamas, socks, or underwear, for stuff like these that only belong to me, I really go for all the girly kinds. I have to wear my pyjamas before I go to bed too, and wear socks with animal designs, even for my pens, I use only cute and pretty ones."

Meanwhile, IU's new single, 'Spring of a Twenty Year Old' will be released along with the MV on May 11th at 00:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7CZQQ0cgQw

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Star Today via Nate
  2. herditya

herditya Hearters

oh hahahaha that is very cute XD
    i don't know, but i didn't notice it 'till she voiced it >.<
    because she's perfect in my eyes, ha! :p
  3. aiyooaiyoo

aiyooaiyoo Donators

Thanks for posting Squishy! You know, right after this clip came out, some of us were talking in shoutbox and following Korean tweets and trying to see if google translate could give us a hint of the content, and we kept getting back translations about "underwear" and we were all laughing and saying, no, this can't be right...

So, as usual IU+LOEN are being very clever. IU's public image is shifting to an adult and sophisticated one, but they don't want to give up the natural appeal of cute, girlish charm - so now can they start setting up an inversion. Back when IU's public image was very cute, the dedicated fans could see that underneath the cuteness was a lot of intelligence and sophistication. Now, IU is starting to make her sophisticated side the public face - so interviews like this, where IU talks about liking cute things, creates a complementary impression. IU is mature and sophisticated - but inside she is still a cute girl who loves "girlish" things.

Well played, IU, well played. :)
  4. titamhersih

titamhersih Hearters

She's extremely cute ;)
  5. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

How do I 'like' comments around here?

Oh this isn't facebook.. kekeke
  6. Awesome comment. IU's image is so carefully crafted it seems like it all really happened by accident. She has the all appeal that the women in K-Pop are known for. But IU has more, WAY more. The vocal talent, the musicianship, budding composing ability and dare I say real talent for arrangements? Hard to believe she is still a teenager sometimes! I respect her as an artist more and more every day. -admin kpoppa IU - Official Fansite on Facebook
  7. autt

autt Donators

Really tiny hands :lol: so adorable.
    May 11th at 00:00!!!!!!!! 4 more days huh?!
    Thanks for sharing
  8. IU~KYAA

IU~KYAA Donators

well said bro couldn't add in any more comments!~

and Thanks!~ squishy for TL what the teaser is about!~ =D
  9. Alfie

Alfie Donators

I still think the mention of underwear is a bit awkward and unnecessary(it makes male fans go WHAT?!) lol, but!~ IU is IU...whatever it is you gotta love her :D
    and I appreciate the transparency, revealing things about IU certainly helps build a better connection and understanding between IU and her fans because it brings us closer to IU and makes us see who really is this girl that we have grown to love and respect :)

thanks for Translating!~~
  10. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

Well she's still a girl and a kid at heart^ even though it'll be her birthday soon we all know that she will have that cute image inside her given the fact that her may be tried to be viewed as a woman. Certainly she has matured but no matter what all us fans will love to see both sides of her. Thanks for translating squishy^ awesome article
  11. vampireiu

vampireiu Donators

whoa! you totally voiced out all our heartfelt and mind thoughts and put it into words! couldn't be better! round of applause!
    i personally think IU is soft cute and adorable out the outside but deep inside her is a strong clever dorky personality ! kekekke, IU Daebak!!
  12. aiyooaiyoo

aiyooaiyoo Donators

Thanks everyone who liked my comment! I'm glad lots of us agree about how well IU is handling her image for this comeback. The anticipation for the release of the album and MV is so strong!

Do we know an official hour of release? Is the MV itself coming out at 5 pm Korean time also? We need to start planning the "watching MV party" in the shoutbox! :)
  13. al3mon

al3mon Hearters

Thanks for share.... n keep posting

nice info ;)
  14. IU.Hwaiting

IU.Hwaiting Hearters

I really like what you said here ^ It's all very true.
    Well said, aiyooaiyoo, well said. :) haha
  15. ayeh

ayeh Hearters

Agreed too!
  16. _ZH_

_ZH_ Hearters

thanks for the translation :)
  17. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

She's like a perfectionist ^_^ haha her face is so small, how could ppl even compared it to 'big' nono
  18. bonbon

bonbon Hearters

IU's really cute and childish, but matured at the same time =)

Thanks for sharing. ^^
  19. Cutiegail

Cutiegail Hearters

Me and IU are alike. Hihi. :)
    I also love cute and girly things. Just looking at it makes me happy. ;)

IU hwaiting!
  20. gustav123

gustav123 Hearters

ahh, so the meaning is it.. really appreciate it squishy..
    thank you :D