[120215] IU's graduation ceremony had so many reporters attending they had to borrow a whole classro

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Feb 15, 2012.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

There were so many reporters gathered at IU's school during her graduation ceremony that they had to borrow a whole classroom in the end.

The scene at the school during IU's graduation was broadcasted on SBS 'One Night of TV Entertainment' on Feb 15th. There was a whole long line of reporters such that LOEN had to seek consent from the school to borrow a classroom for a moment to hold a press conference. Wearing her graduation cap, IU expressed, "I feel like I've become an adult."

At this moment, reporters from Japan asked IU a question in Japanese, taking her by surprise, but she greeted everyone and introduced herself with simple Japanese, before making her escape from the classroom.

(Note: Another video from youku showed that the Japanese reporter actually asked IU to say a few words to her Japanese fans in Japanese. IU went, "Ah... I didn't expect there to be Japanese reporters here today", then in Japanese, "Good morning. I'm IU." Then she asked the Japanese reporter how to say 'graduation' in Japanese, so that she could continue in Japanese, "I graduated today. Thank you to everyone who came down today. Thank you.")

During the ceremony, she also took many selcas with her friends and gave other kinds of fanservice.

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Hankooki via Nate
  2. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

yea they surely had alot of reporters lol and it was quite amusing with all of them in a room like that^^ haha. thanks for translating squishy
  3. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

oh may be I should try to be a reporter too :p official stalker ... kekeke ^^
  4. Rukiasakura

Rukiasakura Hearters

Hahaha, I find that funny for some reason. :lol: IU must have been surprised by the amount of reporters that were there...
  5. wing307

wing307 Donators

this is the power of " Nation's little sister" . IU is so cute speaking Japanese in the interview clip. AH...aH....ah
  6. iush

iush Hearters

IU so cute posing for every photo/selca with a peace sign :razz: . Sad that she got to spend her graduation with a bunch of reporters instead of her friends :sour:ad: .

I wonder how she answered questions with so many lights flashing at her during the press conference, even i had difficulties watching the video with the amount of flash :sour:hock: .

Loved it when how the press conference was going fine until a wild Japanese reporter appeared.
    thanks for sharing and translating :)
  7. speedyx

speedyx Hearters

Wow japanese reporters ftw!
  8. _ZH_

_ZH_ Hearters

lol i love her face when the japanese reporter asked her a question..her nervous laugh was cute~ :D
    and at the end of the vid,she's saying 'bye bye' to the reporters as if they were her classmates haha cute~
  9. hazmatt_05

hazmatt_05 Hearters

Looks like IU is a real hot topic in Korea at the moment, considering she's finishing high school and debuting in Japan and all... IU fighting!!!
  10. platini

platini Hearters

wow, she must be surprise when suddenly receiving Japanese question :), she looks so natural in these pix, ofcourse our IU is extremely famous and everyone loves her, who cant :D
  11. mathova

mathova Hearters

haha there is a human wave in IU's school, and I think with a lot of reporters there they can do a flash mob to make IU happier kekeke :lol:
  12. Alfie

Alfie Donators

IU is the best! keke~~

everything she does is a hot topic

thanks for sharing :)
  13. boksungah

boksungah Uploaders Staff Member

Thank you for translating! Oh goodness, there must have been so many people, I'm glad they were able to at least sort of organize them all in one room. Hopefully, she was able to just celebrate with her friends, too--it did look like she had a good time taking selcas with them and stuff. Her reaction to the Japanese reporter was adorable, too. :3
  14. dc4uxp

dc4uxp Hearters

Shes so HUGE
  15. tamtam

tamtam Hearters

she seems quite surprised when she saw so many reporters after she stepped out from the car :D so humble:D
    does this mean that she's the idol who got most reporters in their graduation days? *please reply hahaha
  16. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

I wished I was there, even better, be one of her classmates kekekekekeke.
  17. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

i can't imagine a graduation ceremony with so many reporters o_O i was pretty stunned myself to see how many cameras were in my graduation ceremony, i can't imagine how was IU's. well her popularity sticks with her all the time so that must be a part of her life :p
  18. vampireiu

vampireiu Donators

haha, cute of her speaking japanese.. it's like she was totally stunned that there were japanese reporters, she was like "oh what am I gna say, I am IU desu..... what next ???" hahaha.... funny little IU
  19. sapphireblue116

sapphireblue116 Hearters

Of course there was a lot of reporters! It's IU!!
  20. gustav123

gustav123 Hearters

aww~ amazing.. it isn't like graduation day, it's more like award day with so many reporters.. :D
    thx for sharig. ^^