[120104] Kim Yuna and IU donate 'Ice Flower' profits to national figure skating team

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Jan 4, 2012.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

'Figure skating queen' Kim Yuna and the 'Nation's little sister' IU donated 73 million won to the national figure skating team. These are profits from the duet 'Ice Flower', which they sang when filming for the SBS TV show, Kim Yuna's Kiss and Cry, last year. In doing so, they kept to the promise they made during the recording of 'Ice Flower', which was to "use all the profits from the digital single sales to benefit young figure skaters".

Kim Yuna said, "The number of training environments have increased compared to when I was younger, but there are still many lacking areas" and "I will continue to train hard and I hope to become an even more excellent athlete than I am now."

IU also said, "I'm a fan of Yuna-unni, so not only was I glad to sing this song, it's also such an honour for me to be here with her today" and "I didn't expect myself to be doing such a good deed. I'll continue to support the figure skaters so that they can work even harder. I hope Korea's figure skating will continue to make good progress."

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: AJ news (Photo by Joynews24)
  2. jdstatic27

jdstatic27 Hearters

Kim yuna and IU Heart!! love their song i play it everyday :p :D :lol:
  3. Jordan 조단부

Jordan 조단부 New Member

IU's heels are sooo NICE!!! ^^ Love Them! V(^O^)
  4. _ZH_

_ZH_ Hearters

it's good to see these two together again..haha i still love IU in Kiss&Cry,eventhough she wasn't that good in it. ^^
    the song 'ice flower' is daebak!
  5. 21cssk

21cssk Hearters

aww when the pictures came out earlier today i was squealing at how pretty she was already.
    i hope this will help korean figure skaters because they are awesome. ♥
  6. ahj<3IU

ahj<3IU Hearters

Another reason to why she is such a kind person with a warm heart.... Adult U she is... at the age of 19... almost 20... she has deep thoughts. someone clearly to be respected. <3IU and her personality
  7. boksungah

boksungah Uploaders Staff Member

This is very kind of the two of them. ♥ I'm sure their donation will be a huge help to a lot of young figure skaters.
  8. RendIU

RendIU Hearters

Good deeds! IU and Yuna fighting!
  9. Rukiasakura

Rukiasakura Hearters

Aw, they're so nice. IU's really tall with those heels; I'm kind of envious right now. :wacko:
  10. deartomato

deartomato Hearters

When IU came out her eyes were beaming...

She has a really good heart :D
  11. margot

margot Hearters

It's a pity they never got to perform this song live but the fact that IU's initiative has served to benefit these skaters is wonderful.

Congrats to both for keeping their promise!
  12. Broob

Broob Hearters

Such a great thing for them to do and I know Kim Yuna is always working hard to help people in need. Both of them are sweethearts. ^^
  13. Ovi Murraya

Ovi Murraya Hearters

kim yuna and IU is very good ^_^
    and i like their song :D
    IU and kim yuna fighting \(^_^)/
  14. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

i love celebrities that give back to society. really proud that IU and Kim Yuna is giving away the proceeds to the national figure skating team. Great Contribution
  15. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

Did she cut her bang?
  16. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

73 million won is a big sum, that is a great contribution. I like 'Ice Flower' a lot, I would like another duet soon.
  17. Arkstyle

Arkstyle Hearters

Great contribution. How kind she is xD
  18. speedyx

speedyx Hearters

It's rare to see younger celebs donate so much, so its a refreshing thing to see :)
  19. syilviana

syilviana Hearters

IU & kim yuna "national little sister"...........
  20. mathova

mathova Hearters

ooowww such a beautiful IU with her warm heart, I think this is the reason I called her an "Angel" :wub: