[111228] IU, 'I was sworn at during my debut stage'

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Dec 27, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

Singer IU shared her experience about being sworn at during her debut stage.

IU, who appeared on the Dec 27th episode of SBS 'Strong Heart', said, "There were two times that when I stood on stage, I felt a surge of emotions."

"I was really nervous when I performed my debut stage and the moment I uttered the first word, I heard people cursing", IU recalled. "From different directions, I heard things like, "Go back and practise before you come' and 'She's like a pig'", she said, to which the cast felt sorry for.

"The 3 mins of my song felt really long" and "now, I'm really happy even if I hear just a tiny sound of support. All the more I would present a good stage," said IU, showing her mature image.

Following that, IU shared about the surge of emotions she felt during a stage of her hit song, 'Good Day'.

She said, "There was one fan who came to cheer me on" and "she was a female and all by herself but gave me the support of a hundred fans", expressing her gratitude towards the girl. "On that day, I won 1st place. Rather than my mum and dad, I thought of the face of that friend(fan)."

"I was never really the ambitious type, but because of that fan, I thought to myself, "I will become a singer who will cheer up my fans through my singing' and took up that responsibility", she said, receiving an applause from those present.

Mia debut stage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1wNORYFdr0

Good Day stage (female fan cheering and IU thanked her in her winning speech (after thanking dancer oppa), "Also, just now... sitting alone over there.. the female.. female fan sitting all by herself who was screaming loudly")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jcV4L6dcPo

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Star News
  2. davidleehk

davidleehk Hearters

I can't imagine why there was only 1 fan to cheer her on that day??

Anyway, IU is a good girl and singer.
  3. RendIU

RendIU Hearters

This is what i love about IU..

Such maturity , humble and down to earth.
  4. yeahmylife

yeahmylife Hearters

she really deserve the fame after all these things...congratulations to her. Million thanks to that fans who gave our IU the little support at the start. And of course thanks all the staff for the hard work~
  5. burntbiscuit

burntbiscuit Donators

WTH? those people who said that must be regretting now! ^^ the "pig" they called, is more famous than them.
    but seriously, she took a lot of hardships during her debut. she really deserves the fame she is receiving now, just like what @yeahmylife has said.

totally agree.
  6. platini

platini Hearters

poor her, those pp should open their eyes now, I love her more and more, she never give up and try her best to pursue her dreams
  7. yooshu

yooshu Hearters

omg..who's calling her pig??? i wanna strangle that person...stupid=.=
    this is so sad...IU, himnae!
    i'm grateful that she got that female fan....i hope IU will be able to meet her again...that fan should be proud for being one of the first IU's fans that she recognized^^
  8. alipentium

alipentium Hearters

person that curse her could be one of IU fans now and regretting what he had said.
    IU be strong !
  9. puj

puj Hearters

Wow, she's really a strong person who deserve everything she won...
  10. AB33

AB33 Hearters

Wow right now i really hate those people who swore at her!
    IU you're such a strong,mature and humble person <3
    IU JANG! HWAITING :D
  11. Qyooo

Qyooo Hearters

I guess this is the performance she's talking about?

That female fan really did a good job! IU must be really touched, because she thank her in the winning speech..

12. ccf808

ccf808 Hearters

To that ignorant person that swore and called IU names, In your face !! cause look at IU now, she's the cutest, humblest, honest, FAMOUS teenager that is loved by many, not only is Asia, but also in Hawaii. I'm not Korean, but I just adore her, and her attitude towards her goal in life, it just amazes me at her age. "BE STRONG & KEEP FULFILLING YOUR DREAMS".
  13. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

Well, past is past... Just let them blew away, and now we must face the future. IU has been so popular, and she know what she's supposed to do. IU's been grown up, a mature beautiful girl... Saranghae~ <33
  14. bunnnykuuy

bunnnykuuy Hearters

I knew IU had a tough time during her debut, but I didn't know they swore at her!! That so wrong and uncalled for, but I'm sure they're regretting it all now~ :D

That female fan did such a good job cheering on IU! <3
  15. Cesca_1988

Cesca_1988 Hearters

she is strong and mature. IU Fighting!!!!
  16. speedyx

speedyx Hearters

I remember she mentioned how her first album tanked and her first performance was awful and people were cursing and such at her, all in that episode of heroes where she was teaching those high schoolers. It's good to see shes used that experience to keep herself humble and modest and striving for greatness :D
  17. Rukiasakura

Rukiasakura Hearters

Hmph. Well, if they haven't changed their opinions of IU after all these years, oh well. Haters will always be haters.

Anyways, she's so humble and kind toward her fans! That fan who supported her must have been one awesome person. :D
  18. jieuny

jieuny Hearters

.yah your right! .HATERS WILL ALWAYS BE HATERS. .hmp. .they are so mean. . .IU is great singer! .
  19. joyceu

joyceu Hearters

that female fan must be very happy cuz IU still remember her awww ;)
  20. Dark

Dark Hearters

These girls must be careful .IU's army is here !!