[111221] IU admits, "It was just childish love whereby we'd meet one day and break up the next..."

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Dec 21, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

"I'm sick of dating... I just want to get married quickly."

On KBS 2TV 'Happy Together 3' which IU recently starred in, she admitted that she would get sick of dating so she would rather marry, shocking everyone else who was present.

IU admitted, "I started working since I was in 9th grade so I've never had a boyfriend" and "when I was young I have had childish flings whereby we'd meet one day and break up the next."

Following that, she expressed her honest feelings, "When I'm 20, I'll be able to date freely but I'll get sick of it" and "when you date and break up and date again, you'll still end up getting married and I think the process will be tiring."

Translation: hellenj @ WeheartIU
    Edited by: squishyblob @ WeheartIU
    Source: Newsen
  2. pencilcase1991

pencilcase1991 Hearters

Huh? but I thought she talked about her dream date on Strong heart???

I don't like short-term relationship too. But I think it's best to know the person clearly first before getting married, so you should start with dating first :D

Anw, as long as IU is happy <3333

Also thanks for translating this Squishy <3
  3. phoung

phoung Donators

hahaha iu is so kute
    but i kinda agree on dating part. i think she meant she's sick of short term relationship where you just date for fun
    she wants to have a long term relationship where marriage is in consideration
    haahha i think there will be many heart breaks when iu get married
    thanks for translating cant wait for happy together
  4. MissIUx

MissIUx Hearters

wow...iu wants to get married quickly...I wonder who is that lucky guy c:
  5. mathova

mathova Hearters

hahahaha I'm glad to hear that, it means I don't need to worry if someone will take IU away from me kekekeke....... :p
  6. jdstatic27

jdstatic27 Hearters

Marry me!! wahahahaha! I got the similar thoughts on marriage. but probably she didnt explain the dating part too well, maybe a side story would do on how she felt this way.. Or maybe her thoughts about having relationship isn't that mature yet.. well still <3 u IU
  7. platini

platini Hearters

me too, dunt understanding the dating part either, :(
  8. aidz143

aidz143 Hearters

MARRY ME IU!! <3 I'll take care of you! i promise :p hihihihi! I hope you will meet the right guy who will make you happy hihi!
  9. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

Hmm maybe it wasnt clear enough but i think she means whether people go through the process of dating and breaking up or not, they still end up getting married. So might as well do away with this tiresome process.

As for her dream date, i guess we all dream about how we want to spend time with someone we love, but here she's talking about dating as in going out and breaking up and going out again.
  10. xiaoshun

xiaoshun Hearters

that's quite right, hope the best 4 IU <3
  11. RandyNT

RandyNT Hearters

hope you meet the best guy :D
  12. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Hope that she meets the guys she wants!!
  13. Alfie

Alfie Donators

hope she meets someone who she likes and will love her unconditionally...

thanks for sharing !!!
  14. speedyx

speedyx Hearters

hehe shes just lazy like me...wants to get it over with and get to the ending
  15. gloaroyo

gloaroyo Hearters

Hmm... May be she's right.. But kindda weird. Hahh~ just hope she'll meet the best soon... No matter who is he, I know that IU'll get the best, and she know who is the best for her... Aaaah~ Jieunnie saranghae~ <3
  16. marshmallow3424

marshmallow3424 Hearters

LOLOL she's cute haha :3
    She thinks so far, but it's good. I mean, it's kinda true. It'll be tiring to have a relationship, and break up, and.. Like that. Maybe weird, but I think so. Well I hope she's gonna find the best guy for her :D
  17. Miel

Miel Hearters

IU is so cute!.. hope she'll be able to find the perfect guy for her!.. don't marry too early though.. lol.. :)
  18. `IU ♥ Last Fantasy ♥

`IU ♥ Last Fantasy ♥ Hearters

IU's all grown up , she wants to married quickly~ Hope she found the lucky guy~
  19. itsmawk

itsmawk Hearters

Whoa. Marriage huh? I guess if that makes her happy,i mean we only live once :)
  20. starlight

starlight Hearters

IU... YOU ARE JUST SOOO SMART!!
    I agree with you! not marry with someone we do not know though,,, but if that 'some one' is our fate, for the person who has pure heart like you, from the top hair till the toe fingers, u will exactly know that 'he is the one', we won't worry that we'll get bored all hurt by him in the rest of life, even no dating ever,,,
    good person for good person, bad person for bad person
    hope u'll find 'him' in the right moment.
    DAEBAK IU! ^ ^