[111129] IU, 2011 MAMA Best Vocal Performance Solo Award

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Nov 29, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

IU won the award for Best Vocal Performance Solo for Mnet Asian Music Awards 2011 held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Nov 29th at 7PM.

IU's "Good Day" which was released at the end of last year became a big hit, sparking off an 'IU syndrome' in the KPOP scene. However, due to her schedule, she was unable to attend the event.

[Note: The rest of the article unrelated to IU was omitted from this translation]

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Star News

[Note: According to the online votes, IU actually won the Best Female Artist award as well, but it was somehow given to Baek Jiyoung in the end. See screencaps below of final results of voting.]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. mjsctdk

mjsctdk Hearters

too bad she cant attend the event...I was waitin for her actually...
  3. YeeKeat

YeeKeat Donators

Sad that she couldn't attend, but grats that she won!
  4. mjsctdk

mjsctdk Hearters

she's supposed to win the best female artist
  5. NoctisYusuke

NoctisYusuke New Member

she should really came... nevertheless, congratz her on winning the Best Vocal Performance Solo.
    hope next year she would win more :)
  6. Alfie

Alfie Donators

i was ready to absent from school just to watch MAMA haham but she didn't come... still IU congratulations ^____^
  7. boksungah

boksungah Uploaders Staff Member

Congratulations to IU! She deserves this award so much. Even though she didn't win the other awards she had been nominated for, I'm so happy for her that she was able to win this.
  8. aidz143

aidz143 Hearters

Congratz to IU! <3 but but.. she deserves to win the other awards! ugh! nevertheless congratz to our dear iu! <3
  9. 1ucky

1ucky Hearters

congrattulation to IU!
  10. IUfan95

IUfan95 Hearters

congrats to IU! she should receive the best female artist award! why did baek jiyong get the award? i saw the vote and IU reach 2 million vote! :eek:
  11. aidz143

aidz143 Hearters

Sadly the vote was only 20% of the total score.. but i still i really think IU deserves that best female award. ~_~
  12. yeahmylife

yeahmylife Hearters

Congratulations to IU for the Best Vocal Performance Solo Award on MAMA. IMO, she get most daesang nominated was already good enough. IU hwaiting !!!
  13. burntbiscuit

burntbiscuit Donators

yay! congratulations, 아이유! singing 3 octaves paid off. :D

yea, i agree with you too! why didn't she get the other award! anyway, congrats to Baek Ji Young too. :)
  14. ryehanah

ryehanah Hearters

it sad not seeing her in the ceremony.
    too busy for her comeback preparation i guess.

but still, congrats Ji Eun ahhh~
    proud of u.
  15. SubtleAK

SubtleAK Hearters

IU didn't win more awards because she wasn't present at the event. MAMA only give most of the awards out to those that are present at the event.
  16. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

yeah its only 20% of score.. at least she got an award :) glad she got best vocal solo award!
  17. Miel

Miel Hearters

she should have won Best Female Artist Award! anyway, she still won Best Vocal Performance Solo Award.. congrats to her!.. ^_^
  18. IU.Hwaiting

IU.Hwaiting Hearters

Congratulations IU! I'm so happy for you ^_^ Truly think you deserved Best Female Solo as well, can't help but be a little sad... But I'm so happy you won Best Vocal Performance and so happy you've made your comeback :D See you on Music Bank IU! ♡ Hwaiting!
  19. isthi

isthi Hearters

아이유 씨, 축하드립니다 ^^

proud of you
  20. fIUshbones

fIUshbones Hearters

Even if the vote was only 20%, I don't see how IU would lose unless MAMA tipped the scale. grats baek ji young though and grats IU for the award she did win!