[111129] Hankooki interview with IU

Discussion in 'News' started by squishyblob, Dec 2, 2011.

1. squishyblob

squishyblob Translators Staff Member

[​IMG]

IU made use of various singing styles throughout the album. Going down by half a key, up by half a key, the various changes in her voice make it seem as if it is a completely different person singing. "With 13 songs in the album, lest it gets boring, I added variety slightly to the songs. I was worried about whether people would notice, but luckily it seems to have been conveyed successfully."

In her original composition, "A Stray Puppy", IU talked about abandoning the things that one loves. We asked if she's worried that one day she might lose all her popularity in an instant, and she wrinkled her nose in response, saying, "Just like what this song tells us, even though I'm trying not to be pessimistic, I would be lying if I said there's completely no such possibility."

There are also many songs that exude her unique cute charm. The song, 'Uncle' (composed by Lee Juck), dedicated to all the uncles in the world, contains IU's childhood memories. "Well, my nose is kind of flat. My nostrils look unusual too as they are triangular. So I was always keeping my head down [Keep your head downnn], so no one would see them. (Laughter) My uncles whom I grew up with would make fun of me when they saw me, and then tell me that I'm pretty after that just to pacify me. The line from IU's song, "You even say that my low-bridged nose is as pretty as Han Ga In's" appears to be from IU's conversations with her uncles.

The song 'Sleeping Prince', composed by Yoon Sang, has a fairytale feel and in actual fact, is rather similar to 'Cruel Fairytale'. "Yoon Sang sunbae requested for me to put in all the cute charm I have inside me to sing the song. Hahaha. But as we were recording, I said, "Ah, once I grow older by another year or two, my cute voice is going to disappear!" (Laughter)

In reply to question about what she's going to do in her 20s since she decided not to go to college in order to pursue her singing career, IU said, "I don't think I'll change much when I reach 20. Anyway, I would still be me. Just that I would have more responsibility, right? I would like being able to drive, return home late and enter more shops. Alcohol? My parents don't give me any, so I don't really drink. I've tried beer, so is it just about paying money to buy and drink? (Laughter)"

(Again, omitted stuff we already know)

Translation: squishyblob @ weheartiu
    Source: Hankooki
  2. InvU

InvU Uploaders Staff Member

lol ^^ IU is too funny about the alcohol xD
  3. Love^Jieun^

Love^Jieun^ Hearters

haha lol about the nostrils text..she's so adorable :wub:
  4. Qiann

Qiann Hearters

LOL. Don't worry, Jieun ah. Your unnie here, has triangular nostrils too. LOL. *Honest confession*
  5. ruuurs

ruuurs Hearters

Oh it's the nose complex again though she's really cute already, but anyway, I think it's just to make her sound funny, heehee. IU really has a lot to say in the interviews it's really nice she can be very open with things like that. :)
  6. Alfie

Alfie Donators

her interviews are always interesting.. and the way she answers them, i always pay attention to what she says :D
  7. JYNG^^

JYNG^^ Hearters

haha~no matter how nose look like~
    we always love u~~^^
  8. mjsctdk

mjsctdk Hearters

thanks for the translation!!!
  9. Suncole

Suncole Hearters

HAHA even though she was picked on i bet they all thought she was beautiful like all of her fans :3
  10. Miel

Miel Hearters

love the way she answers the questions! so adorable!. :)
  11. khema wijaya

khema wijaya Hearters

kkkk..her answers are cute :wink: some people think that college is important and against IU's thought. Personally I think, she's a great and strong girl bcs she has decided to follow her dream, to be a singer. But, on the other hand, i think college isn't all about math, science, and etc. she could enter a college that only focus on the entertainment such as music, arts, acting, ....
  12. jieuny

jieuny Hearters

She is really nice!!! . . I admire her a lot!!!! :razz: :razz:
  13. tacticalerror

tacticalerror Hearters

Thanks for translate and sharing ^^
  14. iuheartforever

iuheartforever Hearters

i love the song "Uncle" although i'm not one of them, i'm still young. The first time i love IU since she sang "You Know" at Incheon Vacation Concert or something, she so cute in short hair. I'm kinda related to this song. i want to be the one saying how cute and pretty she is in person!! IU, saranghaeyo!!!
  15. gwnie

gwnie Hearters

WeHeartIUnostril, right??? :D
  16. cheng_sone

cheng_sone Hearters

love the way she answered the interview, it's just so adorable ><"
    no matter the looks of her nose, she is always cute to us!!!!
  17. SteveIU816

SteveIU816 Hearters

Yeah. It's just cute to see the translation. Don't think about nose too much IU ^^. And we still support you whether you want to go to college now or later. And don't ever try alcohol because things will complicated after you're in drunk condition. Kkkk~
  18. marshmallow3424

marshmallow3424 Hearters

why does she think about her nose? kekeke~ she's beautiful just like that :)
    aw she shouldn't drink >< it's not good to heatlh plus, she's a girl, haha.. thanks for translating :D
  19. aidz143

aidz143 Hearters

ahahahaha i LOLed so hard about the nostrills ahahaa! IU your so cutee! <3 damn.. IU is really daebakk! <3
  20. obelicks

obelicks Hearters

IU is funny with that alcohol comment. LOL-ing about the nostril part too.